CP Soap with Cocoa Butter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leanna

Reaction score
I need some input. I have made 2 batches of CP soap up to this point, using Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Palm Oil & Lye. My husband requested that I include Cocoa Butter in the next batch. I know that I need to use the lye calculator to input all my oils/fats to determine how much lye to use. I was wondering if anyone had any input as to how to include it, though.

I was considering replacing the half the Palm Oil I am currently using with the Cocoa Butter to get about the same quantity from the batch. Does this make sense? I appreciate any help, this is the first time I've tried to formulate my own recipe.

I wouldn't use more than 15-20% Cocoa Butter...but I would use it in place of some of your Palm oil, like you are considering.
You could try something like this:
Olive 45%
Coconut 25%
Palm 15%
Cocoa Butter 15%

Personally, I would add a little Castor Oil (5%) in place of some of the Olive Oil to help with the conditioning and the bubbles.

Thanks :) I'll order some Castor Oil for next time, I need to make this batch tonight. I appreciate the help! Will let ya know how it comes out :)

I have to say, I recently tried adding castor to a couple of batches which are finally ready. I love the later. Very creamy and my hands don't feel nearly as dry as they had been.

Latest posts

Back