Coronavirus

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for your friend, @AliOop , I am sending prayers her way as well.

I was thrilled that my employer started offering Moderna boosters to essential workers this week. I got my 3rd Moderna yesterday and was thrilled and relieved. After the first 2 doses, I had no side effects whatsoever. But this morning, hoo boy! Fever, chills, body aches, aching eye balls, headache, fatigue. After lots of sleep and Tylenol I am upright and typing. I am not sharing this for pity -- but just want to give a heads up to others who will get a Moderna booster. At my work, we were the first cohort to get the booster so there was no data or anecdotal reports on what to expect.

I do want your pity, however, in that I'm stuck in bed when it will be the last warm high 50s day and garden tasks are undone. :( Also, missing a backyard party tonight. :(

Stay safe everyone -- and wash your hands!

@Zing … its a sign that your immune system is working good.

Havent gotten the third yet, but my second was terrible. Tylenol knocked it out. Woke up the next day and went to work just fine. As the day progressed, so did my wish to die lol, but i had to power through it. One of the PAs came to my dept…i never seen you like this, whats wrong. I was literally sitting on the floor. He had a nurse throw some tylenol in my pocket, which i took….all of them. Went home and straight to bed. The next morning you would never know that the day before i wanted to just die lol.

So sorry to hear about your friend @AliOop.

Boss called out sick yesterday. It could just be an early start of the flu season...we're all still pretty run down from the end of the tax season two weeks ago, but he suspects it could be Covid. He's "fully vaccinated" and careful, as are all the other adults in his household (multi-generational/multi-family), but we know that that doesn't mean squat. We'll know when his test results come back.

@Zing
I'm so sorry to here this' hopefully by tomorrow you'll be up & about. 🤗🙏🏼

I got the same Moderna Jab 1-2 on my 2nd jab I got sicker then a dog for several Days, I've decided after the 2nd jab No way am I getting another vaccination that is it.

Other than a bit of injection site soreness, my booster (in September) was side-effect free. Just because someone else had a strong reaction, does not mean you are going to. Of course just because someone did not have a reaction, does not mean you won't have one either.

People are different and have different responses to the very same thing.

Update on my friend Jessica: she is still here and fighting the good fight. They've gotten most of the fluid out of her lungs, and her sat levels are hovering around 90, but she is still having trouble exhaling due to the extensive scar tissue. Doctors say she is not out of the woods by any means, but they are marveling at what a fighter she is.

My deepest thanks to all of you who have prayed and are praying. 🙏💝

I had my booster last week (Phizer)… 😮 . I was expecting it to be no big deal due to fact that @ 1st dose I had minor pain @ injection site only, 2nd dose had EXTREME fatigue & arm pain day 2 but back to 💯 normal day 3. Booster however… Swollen & extremely tender lymph node in left armpit, same side as injection. That faded after 5 days to zero & then the itch began. Outbreak of shingles! It’s minor thank goodness I believe due to fact that 1. I got fully vaccinated for shingles after 1st & only outbreak prior to now & 2. I got in to see HCP 1st day rash sprouted in same spot as before. I was able to start anti-viral meds super fast. I’m going to be fine & feel better already, I just wasn’t expecting the side effects.

@dibbles thank you. 💙

@Obsidian @Susie I am not even sure how just today I ended up reading your posts above (from back in April) regarding Lyrica.

FWIW, my husband cannot take Lyrica for his autoimmune pain, either. The only thing that has worked for him is low-dose naltrexone (LDN). It's very inexpensive and has zero side effects other than vivid dreams if he takes it at night, so he takes it during the day. There are some pretty good studies out there that support the use of it for relief of pain related to a variety of autoimmune diseases. About the only thing it appears to interact with are narcotics (which is why it is used in higher doses for addiction treatment).

So just FYI for those getting a Moderna booster following 2 Moderna shots, my side effects lasted 24 hours. I was completely knocked out for 24 hours (fatigue, achiness, headache) after my booster -- but today am back to normal speed. I am so happy regardless because I'm a totally paranoid essential worker. Stay safe everyone, and, um, WASH YOUR HANDS!

@Zing sorry you were sick on one of the last beautiful days we are likely to have, but I'm glad you are feeling better today. I'm scheduled for my booster on Wednesday (Moderna). I'll not plan to do much on Thursday - thanks for the heads up. And if I end up feeling fine - bonus day!

Has anyone mixed vaccines? I got the jj back in march and will probably get a moderna booster.
I'm in Idaho, we have no mandates and most people act like covid doesn't even exist. I need all the extra protection I can get
My MIL originally had the Pfizer vaccine, and had a Moderna booster. She was sick for a day (or two?) after her 2nd Pfizer shot, but nothing other than a little tired after her booster.

Update on my friend Jessica: she is still here and fighting the good fight. They've gotten most of the fluid out of her lungs, and her sat levels are hovering around 90, but she is still having trouble exhaling due to the extensive scar tissue. Doctors say she is not out of the woods by any means, but they are marveling at what a fighter she is.

My deepest thanks to all of you who have prayed and are praying. 🙏💝
Keeping her in my thoughts @AliOop ❤ ❤ ❤

My state is going vaccine mandate crazy and we are losing valuable people...police officers, firefighters, healthcare workers, educators and supporting staff.

Gun violence in the city (Portland) has escalated to making the national news. It started with "defunding" the police which included defunding/disbanding the latest gang taskforce (aka Gun Violence Reduction Team) 'cuz they were picking on targeting people of color. And we lost the response team for protests...they all quit after well over a year of rioting.

Schools don't have enough teachers or bus drivers. Two friends of mine who were long-term teachers are sitting at home right now. Running errands the other day during the week, I noticed several day care centers are closed. One of our clients who has a convenience store has seen an increase in shop lifting...when he called the police he was told flat out that there is nothing they can do. If he needs a report number for insurance purposes, they will take a report, but it won't be investigated because they don't have the manpower for anything more than serious crimes. When we went shopping two weeks ago, the problems at the docks and shortage of truck drivers can easily be seen...the empty shelves reminded me of the early days of Covid. I don't blame the drivers, they were pretty abused last year and a lot quit.

Companies in hospitality and service are facing employee shortages. Initially it was blamed on the very generous unemployment benefits, but now they have ended and it's being blamed on low wages. But companies have raised the wages and are still having hiring problems. I think it's a combination of the abuse these folks face all the time these days and that they can still get Covid even if they are vaccinated.

Anyhoo...gots to go to work. Talked to Boss yesterday...he is still sick. Home kit says he's negative, but he said if he wasn't better today, he'd go to the doctor.

Latest posts

Back