Coronavirus

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope Mrs. Zing feels better soon! I must admit that I had not realized how vulnerable we still are even with vaccinations now that the Delta variant is among us. NPR ran a story a couple of days ago that was very enlightening. We have met friends at restaurants, but after reading the NPR story we will have to be much more careful. Hope you have a good supply of chicken soup!

Zing, I am so, so sorry! The Delta variant is scary and so hard to duck. I hope your wife feels better soon, and that you stay negative. Sometimes no matter how careful you are, it finds you. I will be sending all positive and healing thoughts to you both along the airwaves.

Ugh. My beloved wife tested positive and has mild symptoms and is isolated inside our house. I tested negative and have no symptoms. We are super careful and are vaccinated. This delta strain is scary s***, people. We have worn masks in stores since 2020. When delta took off, we went back to outdoor socializing, refused invites to indoor events, curbside pickups, etc. I'm kinda in a fog and can't believe this has happened despite all the precautions. Luckily she has mild symptoms.

Oh no. I'm so so so so so sorry this is happening to you.

And so glad the symptoms are mild and that you are both vaccinated.

I know it's cliche but my thoughts are with you and I hope that she will have a speedy and full recovery.

@Zing Eep, I hope you both will not be affected more than you already are, and that Mrs. Zing will not get any worse than she already is. Hope she will feel better soon, and that you will be ok too👐

I wish you and Mrs. Zing all the best. I do think you are right about the delta variant. We have heard of a lot of friends who have gotten it after being vaccinated and being careful. I haven't seen my sister in two years other than through her doorway as she is very fragile healthwise and I do not want to be the one that carries it to her. We too have hunkered down and are back to doing less with anyone...it appears that it is too easy to be a carrier even if you have been vaccinated. So far, knock wood, all have recovered without hospitalization. I hope that you and yours are in the same boat. Take care of each other.

Yikes, hope Mrs Zing feels better soon!

I'm going for a test tomorrow myself, wish me luck... Met some colleagues in person for the first time ever last week, and although we are all fully vaccinated, unfortunately one of us has since tested positive, and I'm now a close contact :-/
I'm not feeling too bad but a bit under the weather, and my (soap) thermometer reckons I'm at 102! So figured a test is the way to go...

Yikes, hope Mrs Zing feels better soon!

I'm going for a test tomorrow myself, wish me luck... Met some colleagues in person for the first time ever last week, and although we are all fully vaccinated, unfortunately one of us has since tested positive, and I'm now a close contact :-/
I'm not feeling too bad but a bit under the weather, and my (soap) thermometer reckons I'm at 102! So figured a test is the way to go...
Husband and I are going for testing later today. We came home early from vacation almost a week ago with cold/flu symptoms and I won't go back to work until I can rule Covid out. Thankfully, my boss agrees with me. I slept almost 20 hours yesterday because I was so tired; I'm feeling a little better today, emphasis on the word "little".

@Tara_H , @Misschief , sorry to hear you are under the weather! Keep us posted. If you do test positive, here's hoping for a mild case.
Mrs. Zing is still isolated in bed and one of her main "symptoms" is boredom, I'm like, hello, ever heard of YouTube soaping videos!! I'm relieved that so far she has a mild case. I tested negative this morning.

Husband and I are going for testing later today. We came home early from vacation almost a week ago with cold/flu symptoms and I won't go back to work until I can rule Covid out. Thankfully, my boss agrees with me. I slept almost 20 hours yesterday because I was so tired; I'm feeling a little better today, emphasis on the word "little".
Dear Misschief, I hope you both feel better soon. And I truly hope you don't have CoVid, even if fully vacinated folks who come down with it don't often need hospitalization and don't get 'as sick' as others, it's still a pretty horrible disease and as yet we don't know what the true long-term affects of having CoVid are going to be for folks.

Dear Misschief, I hope you both feel better soon. And I truly hope you don't have CoVid, even if fully vacinated folks who come down with it don't often need hospitalization and don't get 'as sick' as others, it's still a pretty horrible disease and as yet we don't know what the true long-term affects of having CoVid are going to be for folks.
Believe me, I hope all we have is a nasty head cold; I don't want it to be Covid. Both of us are fully vaxxed, thankfully, and in reasonably good health. At this point, it is what it is--we're both sick, just hoping it isn't Covid. I won't go back to work until I know I'm safe to do so and that means finding out for sure.

Thank you all for the good wishes, it means a lot!

Latest posts

Back