Coronavirus

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My understanding is there is a way to check your level of immunity, but it must be hard to get for whatever reason. One of my friends, here in Virginia, USA, just got her third shot. She has an autoimmune disease. As she stated, it was to bring her immunity up to a "normal " person's.

The theory of immunocompromised patients is that we are not capable of creating the antibodies like a normal person. So, your friend is correct. However, the current tests can not be used to measure the amount of immunity you have. They test whether or not you have been exposed to or had a vaccine for covid, just not the amount of immunity you have. COVID-19 Antibody Testing | Labcorp

So, out of concern that I am still insufficiently protected against it, I am getting a booster. Either through the "immunocompromised" group or a month or so later when it is available to everyone.

I am sorry you are forced to do something you feel strongly conflicted about. Nobody likes to be forced to do anything. As always, best wishes to you and your husband. Hope his medical procedure has a positive outcome.

Thank you. Not a procedure, just an appointment, but he has been having some issues that need to be addressed and because his short-term memory is shot, it's important that I attend. And we have tried other solutions...emailing the doctor, Lists...but they aren't as effective, especially when he forgets the list.

And doctors, or rather, our 'health systems' aren't what they used to be. I can remember a time when doctors were focused on the whole person, when they would ask, "Besides what you came in for, how are you overall? Is there anything else going on?"

The theory of immunocompromised patients is that we are not capable of creating the antibodies like a normal person. So, your friend is correct. However, the current tests can not be used to measure the amount of immunity you have. They test whether or not you have been exposed to or had a vaccine for covid, just not the amount of immunity you have. COVID-19 Antibody Testing | Labcorp

So, out of concern that I am still insufficiently protected against it, I am getting a booster. Either through the "immunocompromised" group or a month or so later when it is available to everyone.

Susie, a couple of questions for you. There's more to the immune system than antibodies; B cells, T cells, neutrophils, monocytes, etc. Would the booster host also increase those for immunocompromised people?

What are your thoughts on giving inoculations without aspiration? One theory as to the rare incidence of blood clots from the vaccine is because shot are not aspirated any more. There are studies from previous years about what happens when a shot is accidentally given intravascularly, it can result in....blood clots. Here's one of my sources: . He's got a couple of videos on this, so I hope I picked the one where he references those studies. Dr. Thompson has been a nurse, and long time nurse educator in the UK.

Most vaccines, including Co-vid19, are given into the layer of fat just below the skin (subcutaneously). While you certainly have blood vessels in that fatty layer, they are primarily capillaries. Even if the capillaries develop a clot, the clots don't go anywhere. Just like if you get a clot from an intravenous (IV), it is in a peripheral vein, and they almost never move. I've had one, and they are miserable, but not very dangerous. The clots you have to worry about are in the deep veins or arteries in the body. Those blood vessels are big enough that you have a real danger of them moving somewhere you don't want them to be.

I watch his videos periodically as he looks at things differently than other people, and he measures as usually/mostly credible on my "bovine fertilizer" meter. Almost no one measures as absolutely credible. I cross reference/look for other opinions on everything, so don't take that as a criticism on him specifically. What bothers me the most on this particular video are the following in no particular order:

Your liver is on the right, your spleen on the left.

The Co-vid vaccines available in the US are mRNA, not adenovirus.

The vaccine is given into the subcutaneous layer, not the deltoid muscle. Big difference. Anyone who is giving this vaccine properly will not be giving it into the deltoid muscle. Muscles have larger blood vessels than the subcutaneous layer. There is a much higher risk of causing a blood clot when giving injections into the muscle, and aspiration is still considered best practice when giving an intramuscular injection.

I am wondering when this video was made, because lots of what he is talking about is not true of what we are seeing from current vaccines. It seems to be dated info. I tried to check when it was made, but I am currently distracted by multiple news feeds on Hurricane Ida.

Thank you. Not a procedure, just an appointment, but he has been having some issues that need to be addressed and because his short-term memory is shot, it's important that I attend. And we have tried other solutions...emailing the doctor, Lists...but they aren't as effective, especially when he forgets the list.

And doctors, or rather, our 'health systems' aren't what they used to be. I can remember a time when doctors were focused on the whole person, when they would ask, "Besides what you came in for, how are you overall? Is there anything else going on?"

It is important for everyone to advocate for themselves/their family members. And once anyone has any memory issues, for them to bring someone to help listen and ask questions. This is even true whenever a major diagnosis is imminent, as bad news tends to drown out all other information that might need to be heard.

I am sorry to say that I am too young (even though I am 58) to recall when even most doctors asked how you were generally. And certainly our current health care industry is not a gleaming representation of the best medical care possible. I strongly suggest that everyone keep track of all symptoms that are unusual for them. And whenever you go to a doctor, any doctor, bring them up. Smart doctors will listen, and if needed, refer wherever you really need to go. But there are many syndromes that have symptoms that do not appear to be related, but they are all part of a bigger picture that may lead to a diagnosis, and from there, a potential treatment or at least management.

Most vaccines, including Co-vid19, are given into the layer of fat just below the skin (subcutaneously). While you certainly have blood vessels in that fatty layer, they are primarily capillaries. Even if the capillaries develop a clot, the clots don't go anywhere. Just like if you get a clot from an intravenous (IV), it is in a peripheral vein, and they almost never move. I've had one, and they are miserable, but not very dangerous. The clots you have to worry about are in the deep veins or arteries in the body. Those blood vessels are big enough that you have a real danger of them moving somewhere you don't want them to be.

I watch his videos periodically as he looks at things differently than other people, and he measures as usually/mostly credible on my "bovine fertilizer" meter. Almost no one measures as absolutely credible. I cross reference/look for other opinions on everything, so don't take that as a criticism on him specifically. What bothers me the most on this particular video are the following in no particular order:

Your liver is on the right, your spleen on the left.

The Co-vid vaccines available in the US are mRNA, not adenovirus.

The vaccine is given into the subcutaneous layer, not the deltoid muscle. Big difference. Anyone who is giving this vaccine properly will not be giving it into the deltoid muscle. Muscles have larger blood vessels than the subcutaneous layer. There is a much higher risk of causing a blood clot when giving injections into the muscle, and aspiration is still considered best practice when giving an intramuscular injection.

I am wondering when this video was made, because lots of what he is talking about is not true of what we are seeing from current vaccines. It seems to be dated info. I tried to check when it was made, but I am currently distracted by multiple news feeds on Hurricane Ida.

Thank you so much for your input!! I thought all shots were into muscle! Well, good to know that my....uh...extra adipose tissue provided insurance that the needle reached the right place!

The video is from June 2021. When I listened to this; I didn't differentiate between mRNA and adenovirus vaccines since I knew the UK used the Pfizer vaccine , which is the one I got. I'm going to watch again with "new eyes" after what you said. Or, just quit worrying and prepare to make some soap:nodding:

I haven't caught up on Ida; is Texas in it's sights? I'm just horrified at the timing of the covid surge and its affects on the south, and now this....

Ahh yes - I remember those days! Now it's like - only one 'problem' per appointment please. Well, how are they (we) to know that the problems aren't collectively all symptoms for something major?

Ahh yes - I remember those days! Now it's like - only one 'problem' per appointment please. Well, how are they (we) to know that the problems aren't collectively all symptoms for something major?

I had a skin tag in my 'pit'. Now I'm not going to make an appointment JUST to have it removed, figured I'd get it done the next time I saw the doctor. Oh no...I came in for 'this', they can't take care of 'that'.

Apparently face masks only help you if there are people coughing/sneezing so if you have a few masks when you go and there are people sneezing that's something. About three years ago I travelled home to Australia from UK and got a respiratory infection that went through every tube including my ears and eyes. Last time I flew home we took disinfectant wipes to wipe down table, belt and buckle, armrests, entertainment unit, the works. Even the suitcases when we got them off the carousel. Use a nasal spray which makes your nose run as infections get stuck in your nose and go from there. Plenty of hand sanitiser frequently. Needless to say, neither of us even got the sniffles.
Actually face masks (with the exception of N95) not only don't work, they increase your risk of death. During the Spanish Flu pandemic in 1918, the majority of people that died, did not die of the Spanish Flu, they died from bacterial pnuemonia from wide spread adoption of wearing masks! It was the first time wearing masks was adopted. Pathogens thrive on moist, warm areas so the inside of the mask is the perfect breeding ground. There was a whole paper written about it years ago...guess who co-authored it? Anthony Fauci!

Actually face masks (with the exception of N95) not only don't work, they increase your risk of death. During the Spanish Flu pandemic in 1918, the majority of people that died, did not die of the Spanish Flu, they died from bacterial pnuemonia from wide spread adoption of wearing masks! It was the first time wearing masks was adopted. Pathogens thrive on moist, warm areas so the inside of the mask is the perfect breeding ground. There was a whole paper written about it years ago...guess who co-authored it? Anthony Fauci!
Complete, dangerous nonsense.
This is shameful.

Most patients who die from complications of the flu, die from pneumonia. I would estimate (hunting data now) that it is easily 96%. And of those, usually it is from bacteria that live in the nose and throat. And that has been true since humans developed the ability to test for bacteria. Why, you ask? Because most bacteria that make us sick are found somewhere on or in the human body. But when a bacteria that one area of your body has a method of controlling gets to another part of the body that does not have a method of controlling it, it makes us ill. Period. And people who are already sick have an overstretched immune system. That leaves them open to getting sick from germs that normally they could fight off. If you are not easily squeamish or freaked out about germs, go research all of the bacteria in the nose and mouth. Then go research all the bacteria that live on your skin. We really are completely inhabited inside and out by bacteria. That does not, however, prove a link between masks and deaths from pneumonia. That just proves that it was bacteria from the nose and mouth. Correlation does not imply causation.

The others die from either Guillian-Barre Syndrome (GBS) or other nosocomial (hospital acquired) infections such as MRSA or VRE. GBS is manageable with use of a ventilator and other supportive therapy while it runs its course.

Back in 2020, hospitals were issuing masks to employees that they were expected to use for a full week or more. Even just the blue surgical masks. I assure you that both employee health and infection control were running cultures on those masks to check for bacteria. They had to. Dead healthcare workers do not provide help to anyone. And lawsuits are expensive.

I wouldn't trust Fauci if he told me the sky was blue on a sunny day!

This is where good old common sense comes in. You clean your kitchen counters do you not? Wash your dishes? Why wouldn't you do the same with your masks? I have paper masks and I have cloth masks...in my vehicle, in my purse, at work. I always carry extra paper and cloth masks in my glove box. I have two masks for work. I also have three 99% IPA spritzers; one in my purse, one at work, one in my desk at home. While the paper masks are technically for single use only, I will wear them a few times before disposing on them. Between uses, I spritz them with alcohol. It's the same with my cloth masks, they get spritzed and washed. Mind you, I don't have to wear a mask every day all day at work, only when I'm consulting with another co-worker or a client. If I did have to do so, I would have a sufficient supply to change at least once an hour.

Most patients who die from complications of the flu, die from pneumonia. I would estimate (hunting data now) that it is easily 96%. And of those, usually it is from bacteria that live in the nose and throat. And that has been true since humans developed the ability to test for bacteria. Why, you ask? Because most bacteria that make us sick are found somewhere on or in the human body. But when a bacteria that one area of your body has a method of controlling gets to another part of the body that does not have a method of controlling it, it makes us ill. Period. And people who are already sick have an overstretched immune system. That leaves them open to getting sick from germs that normally they could fight off. If you are not easily squeamish or freaked out about germs, go research all of the bacteria in the nose and mouth. Then go research all the bacteria that live on your skin. We really are completely inhabited inside and out by bacteria. That does not, however, prove a link between masks and deaths from pneumonia. That just proves that it was bacteria from the nose and mouth. Correlation does not imply causation.

The others die from either Guillian-Barre Syndrome (GBS) or other nosocomial (hospital acquired) infections such as MRSA or VRE. GBS is manageable with use of a ventilator and other supportive therapy while it runs its course.

Back in 2020, hospitals were issuing masks to employees that they were expected to use for a full week or more. Even just the blue surgical masks. I assure you that both employee health and infection control were running cultures on those masks to check for bacteria. They had to. Dead healthcare workers do not provide help to anyone. And lawsuits are expensive.

A while back there was an article in the news about an opportunistic mold infection playing a role in covid-19 morbidity. Don't have much more info on it, but had to think about it when reading this.

Just a friendly reminder: twitter is not a reliable source of information.
Bacterial Pneumonia (a secondary opportunistic infection that can result from your immune system being weakened by the flu...which by the way means it is a flu death) is/was not caused by mask wearing and I imagine there are no credible sources that are claiming this. Dr. Fauci's paper did mention bacterial pneumonia, but not masks as being a causal factor...and as mentioned above, just because bacterial pneumonia was secondary to the flu, it doesn't mean that the flu was not a factor in the death.

A while back there was an article in the news about an opportunistic mold infection playing a role in covid-19 morbidity. Don't have much more info on it, but had to think about it when reading this.

We are full of yeasts also. I am not surprised. After working in ICU for a couple of years, I got extremely familiar with all of the beasties that can make us ill.

We are full of yeasts also. I am not surprised. After working in ICU for a couple of years, I got extremely familiar with all of the beasties that can make us ill.
They might be referring to the poor covid patients in India who survived , only to be infested with fungal infections. Their immune systems were so taxed, they couldn’t fend it off. Probably simple infections from a daily scratch or cold made people sick too.

They might be referring to the poor covid patients in India who survived , only to be infested with fungal infections. Their immune systems were so taxed, they couldn’t fend it off. Probably simple infections from a daily scratch or cold made people sick too.

I am unsurprised. We saw lots of post-antibiotic fungal infections in the hospital. Because your body functions best when the bacteria and yeast compete with each other for nutrients and space. You kill off the bacteria, and you get over-growth of yeast. You kill off too many yeasts, you get an over-growth of bacteria. This is why women get a yeast infection after being on certain antibiotics. Add that to an already overworked immune system, and you get into trouble.

Latest posts

Back