Quantcast

Coronavirus

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

beckster51

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't know that LOL, but that's the one I got. I kept asking everybody that got one before me which vaccine they were giving, and nobody knew lol. Seriously, with all the press, you do not know which one you got?? So I asked when I got up there.

It was more organized than I thought. But I had to show my driver's license 3 times to 3 different people including a security guard to get in, and also get my hospital ID zapped. And this was in a small conference room, so there was no chance of people sneaking in or swapping out, so I don't know what that was all about. One of the ID takers had a program/app on her computer that she had to fill in some information and barcode and zap your DL I think time of day and such. She didn't seem to need to put much effort into it. Also had to wait around for 20 minutes to make sure you didn't have a reaction. There was a pharmacist there keeping track of time on your watch time. I don't think it had anything to do with her being a pharmacist other than somebody with a degree willing to keep the time LOL.

It was all super-official looking and time-consuming. I half expected some MIB guys to show up LOL.
I'm so glad you got it and that your side effects were minimal, Kim. I always get a fever and myalgias with every vaccine I get, so I usually take some Tylenol or ibuprofen right after I get the shot, and it seems to decrease the severity and duration of those things. I hope you feel fit as a fiddle today!

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you got your shot! They might have been collecting your info for tracing purposes in giving the second dose.

TashaBird

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't know that LOL, but that's the one I got. I kept asking everybody that got one before me which vaccine they were giving, and nobody knew lol. Seriously, with all the press, you do not know which one you got?? So I asked when I got up there.

It was more organized than I thought. But I had to show my driver's license 3 times to 3 different people including a security guard to get in, and also get my hospital ID zapped. And this was in a small conference room, so there was no chance of people sneaking in or swapping out, so I don't know what that was all about. One of the ID takers had a program/app on her computer that she had to fill in some information and barcode and zap your DL I think time of day and such. She didn't seem to need to put much effort into it. Also had to wait around for 20 minutes to make sure you didn't have a reaction. There was a pharmacist there keeping track of time on your watch time. I don't think it had anything to do with her being a pharmacist other than somebody with a degree willing to keep the time LOL.

It was all super-official looking and time-consuming. I half expected some MIB guys to show up LOL.
The security was probably because some crazy people have sabatoged vaccine!

Zany_in_CO

Saponifier
Reaction score
It was more organized than I thought. But I had to show my driver's license 3 times to 3 different people including a security guard to get in, and also get my hospital ID zapped.
Thanks for sharing, Kim.

You didn't mention if you had your temp taken? I only ask because when I went to the Kaiser clinic the other day to have labs done, you can't get in the door without having your temp taken. The gal who took mine got a reading of 91.6! She didn't think anything of it, but I told her the last time I was there two people took my temp because the first one was way off. So she switched thermometers and got a reading of 97.6 which is normal for me.

My concern is that patients with temps over 100 would get a below normal reading with what is obviously a faulty thermometer that is still in use. Gah. I use to feel safe going into that facility. Now, not so much! o_O

Catscankim

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, Kim.

You didn't mention if you had your temp taken? I only ask because when I went to the Kaiser clinic the other day to have labs done, you can't get in the door without having your temp taken. The gal who took mine got a reading of 91.6! She didn't think anything of it, but I told her the last time I was there two people took my temp because the first one was way off. So she switched thermometers and got a reading of 97.6 which is normal for me.

My concern is that patients with temps over 100 would get a below normal reading with what is obviously a faulty thermometer that is still in use. Gah. I use to feel safe going into that facility. Now, not so much! o_O
We didn't get screened for anything but allergy history. They didn't turn you away if you have allergies, even if severe...they just made you hang out for a few extra minutes.

My arm REALLY hurts lol. I know there is nothing wrong because everybody is complaining of it. But OOWWW.

Adobehead

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got it on October 30. It was "mild". For 2 days I had strong symptoms, heart racing (resting was 100 bpm) and chills on day 1 and heart racing plus head and joint pain on day 2. I slept the whole time (48 hours!) Waking to take vitamin C and go to the bathroom.

Day 3 I felt great. Tested positive.

Day 4, back down again. Very bad negative mental attitude which lasted several weeks. Fell down once. Lost my sense of smell for 4 weeks. I dismissed several of my friends and told them they don't need to be my friend any more. (what the hell?) I felt that it would be like this the rest of my life and I might as well blow my brains out right now. Of course, I did not. But a really bad mental attitude.

The fatigue continued in an up and down manner for about 8 weeks when my doctor gave me a series of vitamin B shots. I felt energetic and positive again after the first shot.

The lethargy and general "laying around" for such a long period has had other effects, like my back giving me problems, muscles becoming weaker. others have used the word "weird" and that is what I noticed. Many feelings I have never felt before. I have known this body for 73 years and never felt a lot of this stuff.

I am lucky and grateful to have had a mild one. I have been taking vitamin C twice a day for months in preparation and of course have no way of knowing if it was helpful. But I am going to keep taking it and the other vitamins my doctor has prepared for his patients.

May you all stay well!

SPowers

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad you recovered! I'm 75 so always concerned about getting it when having to go out for necesseties. I've been taking vitamins a,b,c,d,k plus other supplements for a few years so hopefull that will help if needed but think I might up the vit c just in case.
I sure get the 'laying around' bit.. being stuck in, soaping is as active as it gets but it still isn't really enough and I'm not disciplined enough to exercise on my own. The past 2 days I've not been well but no fever so I think it's just a general malaise but definitely keeping an eye on it.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Eclypse

Reaction score
I got it on October 30. It was "mild". For 2 days I had strong symptoms, heart racing (resting was 100 bpm) and chills on day 1 and heart racing plus head and joint pain on day 2. I slept the whole time (48 hours!) Waking to take vitamin C and go to the bathroom.

Day 3 I felt great. Tested positive.

Day 4, back down again. Very bad negative mental attitude which lasted several weeks. Fell down once. Lost my sense of smell for 4 weeks. I dismissed several of my friends and told them they don't need to be my friend any more. (what the hell?) I felt that it would be like this the rest of my life and I might as well blow my brains out right now. Of course, I did not. But a really bad mental attitude.

The fatigue continued in an up and down manner for about 8 weeks when my doctor gave me a series of vitamin B shots. I felt energetic and positive again after the first shot.

The lethargy and general "laying around" for such a long period has had other effects, like my back giving me problems, muscles becoming weaker. others have used the word "weird" and that is what I noticed. Many feelings I have never felt before. I have known this body for 73 years and never felt a lot of this stuff.

I am lucky and grateful to have had a mild one. I have been taking vitamin C twice a day for months in preparation and of course have no way of knowing if it was helpful. But I am going to keep taking it and the other vitamins my doctor has prepared for his patients.

May you all stay well!
Thank you for sharing the humour!!! I've read what you've been through and are going through. My friend is going through same stuff as you. His acronym is 'FISH' F*** IT SH** HAPPENS ( He's an avid Great Lakes fisherman). I'm alone in a forest with 2 dogs and some banteman hens. Oh, yeah, a cat too, 'technically' in her mind EVERYTHING IS HER'S. Me, the dogs the birds, the house, the land, the neighbors, the World, etc... LOL
Hang in there.🙏💖

violets2217

Reaction score
So question... I know 2 vaccines are available and one is supposed to be kept at -zillion degrees below zero or something like that! But my question is ... How long does it need to thaw, because my first Christmas turkey this year took forever to thaw and it was just in the deep freezer! I need to read up on that...I'm now very curious! I'm glad to see everyone is able to get the vaccine.

Basil

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got my vaccine today. I was fine, then all of a sudden I felt like I had the flu a few hours later...chills and body aches, and super tired. Almost didn't make it through work. Motrin helped. One of the nurses said that is happening with everybody. He said its gone within 24 hours. I get that with the flu shot too, but it doesn't usually happen till the next day.
I’ve heard the same from family members. 3 daughters and one son in law. All healthcare providers. Better the next day. Moderna seems to have a few more side effects I’ve heard, but both still do. I get mine next week. I was told by my son in law ( ER doctor) that those who react that way have a good immune system . Hang in there!

AliOop

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
This video has a great summary of how boost your immune system, and what to do if your COVID symptoms aren't severe enough to warrant hospitalization. The medical professionals in my circle of family and friends all speak highly of this YT channel due to the strong science combined with excellent presentation that makes complicated concepts understandable for the general public.

GemstonePony

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Roommate's covid test is positive, both her parents have symptoms, and my roommate now has symptoms. If I remain asymptomatic, I'll get a test in a few days. Meanwhile, since I soap/craft at my parents, that means I'll be not doing that for a while. And we have a 5 month old kitten (with claws) that can't be contained by itself for extended periods of time due to it's destructive capabilities. So, crafting at home in a limited capacity isn't a good option either.

KimW

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Roommate's covid test is positive, both her parents have symptoms, and my roommate now has symptoms. If I remain asymptomatic, I'll get a test in a few days. Meanwhile, since I soap/craft at my parents, that means I'll be not doing that for a while. And we have a 5 month old kitten (with claws) that can't be contained by itself for extended periods of time due to it's destructive capabilities. So, crafting at home in a limited capacity isn't a good option either.
Oh no! I am so sorry! Will keep you and roomy and roomies parents in my prayers. I hope you stay asymptomatic!

The Park Bench

Park Bench Naturals
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A second of our sons, Kagen, tested positive today. His younger brother lives at home with us but spent last weekend with Kagen .... Now I'm getting nervous. I have rheumatoid arthritis and don't need any additional pain!😱

AliOop

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
A second of our sons, Kagen, tested positive today. His younger brother lives at home with us but spent last weekend with Kagen .... Now I'm getting nervous. I have rheumatoid arthritis and don't need any additional pain!😱
I second what @soapysarah said and recommend watching the video I posted above. The docs have a lot of great science-based recommendations for boosting your immune system to hopefully avoid or at least minimize any C19 infections. Praying for you to stay well! 🙏

rdc1978

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear that. Can Kagen stay quarantine with someone until his tests come back? IIRC, RA is an autoimmune disease so it would be harder for you to get it.

Fingers crossed he is negative and i.hope your other son is doing well.

AliOop

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
IIRC, RA is an autoimmune disease so it would be harder for you to get it.
Yes, RA is an autoimmune disease. But those make one MORE susceptible to any kind of virus or illness, not less. That can be compounded by the medications for RA, which often dampen the immune system, including one of the most common ones, methotrexate.