Coronavirus

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else have a "feeling"???
Screenshot_20210103-170512~2.png
Screenshot_20210103-190059~2.png

I got it on October 30. It was "mild". For 2 days I had strong symptoms, heart racing (resting was 100 bpm) and chills on day 1 and heart racing plus head and joint pain on day 2. I slept the whole time (48 hours!) Waking to take vitamin C and go to the bathroom.

Day 3 I felt great. Tested positive.

Day 4, back down again. Very bad negative mental attitude which lasted several weeks. Fell down once. Lost my sense of smell for 4 weeks. I dismissed several of my friends and told them they don't need to be my friend any more. (what the hell?) I felt that it would be like this the rest of my life and I might as well blow my brains out right now. Of course, I did not. But a really bad mental attitude.

The fatigue continued in an up and down manner for about 8 weeks when my doctor gave me a series of vitamin B shots. I felt energetic and positive again after the first shot.

The lethargy and general "laying around" for such a long period has had other effects, like my back giving me problems, muscles becoming weaker. others have used the word "weird" and that is what I noticed. Many feelings I have never felt before. I have known this body for 73 years and never felt a lot of this stuff.

I am lucky and grateful to have had a mild one. I have been taking vitamin C twice a day for months in preparation and of course have no way of knowing if it was helpful. But I am going to keep taking it and the other vitamins my doctor has prepared for his patients.

May you all stay well!
Thank you for sharing the humour!!! I've read what you've been through and are going through. My friend is going through same stuff as you. His acronym is 'FISH' F*** IT SH** HAPPENS ( He's an avid Great Lakes fisherman). I'm alone in a forest with 2 dogs and some banteman hens. Oh, yeah, a cat too, 'technically' in her mind EVERYTHING IS HER'S. Me, the dogs the birds, the house, the land, the neighbors, the World, etc... LOL
Hang in there.🙏💖

So question... I know 2 vaccines are available and one is supposed to be kept at -zillion degrees below zero or something like that! But my question is ... How long does it need to thaw, because my first Christmas turkey this year took forever to thaw and it was just in the deep freezer! I need to read up on that...I'm now very curious! I'm glad to see everyone is able to get the vaccine.

Got my vaccine today. I was fine, then all of a sudden I felt like I had the flu a few hours later...chills and body aches, and super tired. Almost didn't make it through work. Motrin helped. One of the nurses said that is happening with everybody. He said its gone within 24 hours. I get that with the flu shot too, but it doesn't usually happen till the next day.
I’ve heard the same from family members. 3 daughters and one son in law. All healthcare providers. Better the next day. Moderna seems to have a few more side effects I’ve heard, but both still do. I get mine next week. I was told by my son in law ( ER doctor) that those who react that way have a good immune system . Hang in there!

This video has a great summary of how boost your immune system, and what to do if your COVID symptoms aren't severe enough to warrant hospitalization. The medical professionals in my circle of family and friends all speak highly of this YT channel due to the strong science combined with excellent presentation that makes complicated concepts understandable for the general public.

Roommate's covid test is positive, both her parents have symptoms, and my roommate now has symptoms. If I remain asymptomatic, I'll get a test in a few days. Meanwhile, since I soap/craft at my parents, that means I'll be not doing that for a while. And we have a 5 month old kitten (with claws) that can't be contained by itself for extended periods of time due to it's destructive capabilities. So, crafting at home in a limited capacity isn't a good option either.

Roommate's covid test is positive, both her parents have symptoms, and my roommate now has symptoms. If I remain asymptomatic, I'll get a test in a few days. Meanwhile, since I soap/craft at my parents, that means I'll be not doing that for a while. And we have a 5 month old kitten (with claws) that can't be contained by itself for extended periods of time due to it's destructive capabilities. So, crafting at home in a limited capacity isn't a good option either.
Oh no! I am so sorry! Will keep you and roomy and roomies parents in my prayers. I hope you stay asymptomatic!

A second of our sons, Kagen, tested positive today. His younger brother lives at home with us but spent last weekend with Kagen .... Now I'm getting nervous. I have rheumatoid arthritis and don't need any additional pain!😱

A second of our sons, Kagen, tested positive today. His younger brother lives at home with us but spent last weekend with Kagen .... Now I'm getting nervous. I have rheumatoid arthritis and don't need any additional pain!😱
I second what @soapysarah said and recommend watching the video I posted above. The docs have a lot of great science-based recommendations for boosting your immune system to hopefully avoid or at least minimize any C19 infections. Praying for you to stay well! 🙏

I'm so sorry to hear that. Can Kagen stay quarantine with someone until his tests come back? IIRC, RA is an autoimmune disease so it would be harder for you to get it.

Fingers crossed he is negative and i.hope your other son is doing well.

IIRC, RA is an autoimmune disease so it would be harder for you to get it.
Yes, RA is an autoimmune disease. But those make one MORE susceptible to any kind of virus or illness, not less. That can be compounded by the medications for RA, which often dampen the immune system, including one of the most common ones, methotrexate.

I suggest researching vitamin D (not a vitamin, a hormone) and its ability to reduce severity on COVID-19 and reduce the possibility of contracting coronavirus. Best wishes.
The formula my doctor has made up for his patients contains Vit. D. also A. Another formula from him has L-Lysine, Zinc, Folic Acid and Selenium. I think everything we can do to support the immune system benefits us. D is a big one!

Kagen finishes his quarantine tomorrow. He doesn't live at home as he is 27, thankfully his brother who does live at home, my husband and I are all feeling fine!😍😊🍾🥳. Thank you everyone for your support!!

My Covid test just came back negative! I'm so relieved that I wasn't a risk to my coworkers or family. I still have no symptoms, but my roommate hasn't been able to smell or taste anything for a few days. She says her diet has become very low-sugar, because there's no point. A mutual friend of my roommate asked us what we need for groceries, and then bought them and dropped them off for us earlier this afternoon (it's after 11pm here now).

I was speaking with a friend last night. Her twin sister is dying from breast cancer and is on home-hospice in a rural area of New York (catskills). I haven't done any traveling, so I didn't know there were traveling rules (living in a bubble I guess lol).

So, in order for her to go see her sister before she dies, she needs to test negative to enter the state (understandable), but then quarantine for 3 days, then on the 4th day test negative again.

So I told her to drive up. She doesn't want to do the long drive and thinks there is some kind of KGB force waiting for out of state cars at the border. I have taken the trip in the past plenty of times by car to PA, so I get it with the drive. But its not terrible. Plus I wouldn't be real comfortable with flying anyway right now.

Anyway, she is going to fly. I told her that she could just go to PA and just drive up there. She doesn't want to break any rules. I did some research, the only requirement for PA is to have documentation of a negative test to enter and you don't have to quarantine.

New York doesn't have what the consequences are listed on the DOH website (that I could find), but PA is $25-300 fine if you don't have proof of a neg test and then fail to quarantine.

I get it. Its a pandemic, and normally would just say to obide by the rules. But I feel this is an exception. She and her husband tested negative last week and they are going for another test today before they travel. Even if you were exposed on the airplane, the 4th day test is pointless because your virus load is not going to be high enough for detection, especially with a 40% accuracy rate of the pcr to begin with.

She doesn't think she is going to make it in time. Sadly, her trip might only serve to make final arrangements. Personally, if I have two negative tests, then I am going to see my sister.

I had an interesting conversation with a nurse tonight. He is enrolled in a doctorate program, and he and some colleagues submitted a study on the effects of smoking on corona virus. I have heard this before a long time ago, but shrugged it off as fake news.

These guys have lots and lots of facts and figures. Less than 10% of the WORLDs positive corona cases are smokers. That means 90% of all cases are non-smokers. In China, about 50% of all men smoke, and their male smoker corona cases are nearly non-existent....like 1%

At first they thought it was the nicotine, but studies proved that wrong. A lot of theories were disproven, but they think they have come up with the reason...the high temperature of what is being inhaled, and it is not just cigarette smokers: it is vapers, marijuana smokers...basically anything that is a higher temperature when you inhale it, because corona cannot survive at a certain temperature (I forget what he said that temp was). He said cigarette smoke is inhaled at 130 degrees (which as a smoker, I don't think I am inhaling 130 degree cigarette smoke. I could be wrong, there's no way for me to tell lol).

Obviously a nurse with a doctorate is not going to purport smoking as a prevention for corona, but his proposal was to invent a product made out of something safe that you can inhale, like vegetable oil based or sterile water/saline based solution that can be used with a vape or some sort of steam, maybe as a prophylactic: come out of the supermarket, hit your corona vape lol.

The University of Miami shot it down because they don't want to advocate smoking.

They are prepared to take this idea down different avenues with all their research and facts, including cigarette or vape manufacturers...they all have labs too.

After I got home from work I did a little quick google research of my own, most of the articles are either old, or say how bad it COULD be for smokers. But I did find a few that agree with this, WebMD of all sites LOL. But then there was also a study done in Paris. That article was old, and they planned, back then, to give hospital workers nicotine patches (because last year they thought that nicotine was the reason for the phenomenon), so it's not a hairbrain idea these guys have. It seems to be substantiated. These are educated people with the means to do medical research.

After I make some soap, I am going to do deeper research if its not too late. I guess good places to start are NIH, WHO, CDC if anybody else wants to do some digging of their own.

Jason Sheltzer on Twitter: "This preprint has been going around the internet suggesting that smoking actually protects against coronavirus. I’m going to highlight some errors that went into this analysis and why I think you should be skeptical of its conclusions…

Andreas Backhaus on Twitter: "I wish that people would simply ask "Why aren't there as many smokers among COVID19 cases and deaths as I expected?" instead of making misleading interpretations. First, p. 69 of the French report says smoking IS associated with…

my son found out today that he is getting the Pfizer vaccination tomorrow. For those who have already been vaccinated, should he take tylenol or advil or anything prior to the shot or wait until after to see if he has any sort of reaction?

Back