Coronavirus

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fact that this endangers her husband should have been reason enough. That's NY for you.
I am only going in for 4 hours, disinfecting everything constantly, washing my hands constantly, even though I haven’t touched anything but my disinfected stuff. I plan on bringing my spray bottle of alcohol and wearing soaping gloves, locking my office door.

Hello,
quote post was deleted
Thanks.
1st, Soap doesn't break down the virus, it just is a way of seperating it from your skin.
I am not even going to continue onto #2............

I am only going in for 4 hours, disinfecting everything constantly, washing my hands constantly, even though I haven’t touched anything but my disinfected stuff. I plan on bringing my spray bottle of alcohol and wearing soaping gloves, locking my office door.
I believe according to the Gov of NY that you are NOT to go in. You are NOT Essential and I would tell your boss that.
Just call your boss and tell them to watch the news and then tell them you are not going in. simple

Last edited by a moderator:
1st, Soap doesn't break down the virus, it just is a way of seperating it from your skin.
I am not even going to continue onto #2............

No, wait, wait. I see a future in this. You drink a bottle of shampoo, you eat two large plates of chilli con carne, with extra beans. Wait a while, and when the flatulence comes on, you've got endless fun and entertainment for the kiddies as you fart soapy bubbles left, right and centre.

No, wait, wait. I see a future in this. You drink a bottle of shampoo, you eat two large plates of chilli con carne, with extra beans. Wait a while, and when the flatulence comes on, you've got endless fun and entertainment for the kiddies as you fart soapy bubbles left, right and centre.
Right but then you would be spreading the Virus too. Just think of how FAR a Fart goes ....................

bhahahahahahah

“drink / inject / inhale soap to treat corona virus infection”
Edited to remove an unnecessary opinion.

The virucidal properties of soap are a function of the way soap molecules interact with the surface of a virus. In addition to ungluing the virus from a surface, soap can also dissolve the fat layer of viruses, causing them to fall apart (ref). Soap doesn’t maintain its unique structure when ingested. Once soap gets to the stomach, the fatty acid salts break up into fatty acids and ions, which could be the same fatty acids found in food (ref) depending on the fats used to make the soap. Eating soap might not kill you, but it can cause severe vomiting and diarrhea. I am willing to speculate that soap introduced directly into the lungs or bloodstream would be highly problematic due to the high pH, foaming and other properties of soap. (ETA: such as interactions with cell membranes)

ETA: there is some scientific evidence that lipids (fatty acids) produced by the body and present in breast milk or nasal mucus, for example, can be virucidal. See this post in another thread: https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/our-soap-and-the-corona-virus.78562/page-4#post-818803

Last edited:
Love the humor! It certainly is needed during these times!
Note! 5.1 days after exposure is the incubation period. Then if positive day 8 of the virus is most concerning if one has symptoms. Day 8 is notoriously the day the person can "tank" or "krump" as we say in healthcare! That is when acute respiratory distress syndrome CAN kick in! Heart and lung congestion, and pneumonia. People with highest risk are those with cardiovascular diseases and diabetes. As well as those who are immunosuppressed or are on biologicals for diseases as rheumatoid arthritis, ulcerative colitis etc...
I hope this can help people.
The more I learn the more I will share with members.
So TOMORROW I am hoping I pop no cough. 1st symptom. Followed by a fever. And I am sure come Monday when I return to Covid-19 front lines I will know if my use of personal protective equipment (sans N95!!!!) is working!!!!
Old boy scored toilet paper and paper towels!!!! YEA!!!!!! I have plenty!!!
Will be happy to share!

Note! 5.1 days after exposure is the incubation period. Then if positive day 8 of the virus is most concerning if one has symptoms. Day 8 is notoriously the day the person can "tank" or "krump" as we say in healthcare! That is when acute respiratory distress syndrome CAN kick in! Heart and lung congestion, and pneumonia. People with highest risk are those with cardiovascular diseases and diabetes. As well as those who are immunosuppressed or are on biologicals for diseases as rheumatoid arthritis, ulcerative colitis etc...
So TOMORROW I am hoping I pop no cough. 1st symptom. Followed by a fever. And I am sure come Monday when I return to Covid-19 front lines I will know if my use of personal protective equipment (sans N95!!!!) is working!!!!
Sooo ... what you're saying is that even though I am personally under the age of 60, because I have diabetes and had a heart attack last summer, I'm high risk? Ouch ...

Why is it people NEED paper towels ? Does no one use hand towels anymore?
Sure hope they are not going to be flushing those and those **** wet wipes down the toilet !
So tired of seeing the commercials for the 'flushable' wipes. They may flush but they clog not only YOUR drains but the facilities machines.
Our local news did a small blurp to not flush them.
Surprised my Landlord the Plumber has not texted me about that........ but then again I think he knows me better then that.

Old boy scored toilet paper and paper towels!!!! YEA!!!!!! I have plenty!!!
Will be happy to share!
I made it to Day 10 with no symptoms after being on the Washington DC metro, but it’s only 5 days since I was in a meeting with a colleague who was in an extended meeting last week with someone who has been confirmed positive. I appreciate any updates on timing of symptoms for most. I feel fine, although tired from all of the meetings at work. I haven’t had a cold in over three years, so I’m hoping for the best. It’s a bit unsettling to have just turned 65 a few months ago. I don’t feel “old”, but I’m definitely falling into the group the health officials keep lumping into higher risk.

Washington State is under Marshall law.

No it's not. Quit spreading false information since you obviously have NO CLUE what 'marshall law' actually is. In a nutshell: "Martial law is the imposition of direct military control of normal civilian functions by a government, especially in response to a temporary emergency such as invasion or major disaster, or in an occupied territory." ML has not been used in this country since the Cambridge riot of 1963. Yes, the National Guard has currently been activated in 22 states, but not as a military force, but for disaster aid.

I'm on the border of washington and idaho, guess they will be closing washington off in the next few days. I know its needed and I wish it was done sooner but its scary.

Its starting to hit close to home now and I'm scared. I'm keeping my panic mostly under control but I was at the grocery store at 7 am today and I stocked up on dog food yesterday.

My hubby can't work from home, I really wish he could. I am concerned about him getting exposed at work once it hits our town.

Is anyone else airing out their house periodically? I have all the doors and windows open right now. It’s in the 60s outside so it feels invigorating rather than super cold. The fresh air smells sweeter than I remember.

We open our doors when it's nice out, but right now it's only 33, so staying closed for now. :)

Latest posts

Back