Coronavirus

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is anyone else airing out their house periodically? I have all the doors and windows open right now. It’s in the 60s outside so it feels invigorating rather than super cold. The fresh air smells sweeter than I remember.
In the 20s here this morning. But we sleep with our window open every night except in summer when it's too hot and humid.

Is anyone else airing out their house periodically? I have all the doors and windows open right now. It’s in the 60s outside so it feels invigorating rather than super cold. The fresh air smells sweeter than I remember.

Coruña is a coastal town but it has its share of pollution. Since the lockdown the air has smelt so good, really fresh :)

Coruña is a coastal town but it has its share of pollution. Since the lockdown the air has smelt so good, really fresh :)
It hadn’t occurred to me that the air in the towns and cities would be noticeably cleaner. Thanks for sharing that.
I haven’t live in a densely populated area in a very long time.

@Nona'sFarm I needed a little positivity so thanks for sharing that link. I was so busy all week that I really didn’t have much time to read anything outside of work, then Ispent a couple of hours trying to catch up last night. It was too much at once. This is an important time for maintaining balance.

Last edited:
I would love to but it’s 30 degrees out. So I cleaned windows to let the rare sunshine in.

Why is it people NEED paper towels ? Does no one use hand towels anymore?

germaphobic husband has always refused to use hand towels, even when I regularly change/wash them. It drives me nuts but that’s one thing that’s been slow to change in our 9 years of living together.

I keep it open too. And take long (lonely) walks often. It's probably overreacting but I just feel like I need much more fresh air now than usual.

=I believe according to the Gov of NY that you are NOT to go in. You are NOT Essential and I would tell your boss that.
Just call your boss and tell them to watch the news and then tell them you are not going in. simple

I would but I really want my income and health insurance (I pay nothing for 2 person, no deductible). Hubby is retired and we are in the middle of a refi at 2.5%. I am not risking getting fired.

I may show up in a tyvek suit, gloves and a respirator mask to prove my point. Hubby is/was a painter for years and we have all of those things on hand.

Last edited:
Its starting to hit close to home now and I'm scared. I'm keeping my panic mostly under control but I was at the grocery store at 7 am today and I stocked up on dog food yesterday.

My hubby can't work from home, I really wish he could. I am concerned about him getting exposed at work once it hits our town.

It’s here. 14 cases at the Veteran’s Home 12 miles from me. 1 case at one of our local medical clinics. And potentially one case at our office. One of my co-workers...that I share an office with...decided that it would be a good idea to come into work sick. “It’s just a cold!”

I was anticipating being out of work after the 15th of April (I’m an accountant with a CPA firm), but between “Karen” and the government pushing the tax deadline back 90 days...I start working from home next week.

I’m good with that. Give me time to make soap. More time to knit. Going to do some Spring cleaning.

Why did it take the Gov to push the Tax date further out ? Duh, would have thought that right off the bat.
:) Course now I can procrastinate longer lol. No JJ, I'm gonna have to pull all the papers out and play with them while I have loads of time....... after I get the garden cleaned up a bit

I just moved in January to a senior housing where all utilities are included. It's too hot to keep the heat on and I have the windows open so I have a constant supply of fresh air. The sun shining in the window makes it warm enough so that sometimes I have to keep a fan running. This is just the opposite where I used to live where I was cold all the time.

Yes, I have always been in the habit of airing out my house whenever I can. Fresh air always feels better to me. I walk outdoors frequently as well. Yes, I am in a high risk group, but walking outdoors without close contact to the few I also see walking outdoors, being friendly from a distance to neighbors and strangers, is far better than being couped up inside a stuffy house.

I even air out my house during the rain as long as the wind is not so strong that it is blowing the rain in through the windows.

I would love to but it’s 30 degrees out. So I cleaned windows to let the rare sunshine in.

Ah! I thought I was the only one doing that. :) Nice to know I'm not alone in wanting every scrap of sunshine into the house this time of year.

On the rare day when the temp climbs into the 40s and the sun is shining, I do open the house for awhile to air it out.

Spanish government has decided to extend the national lockdown for another two weeks. Figures just keep on rising.

What amazes (and heartens me) is the spirit of the people. They put up with it all, hang on in there and still applaud every evening at 20:00. Now they're playing recordings of Galician folk songs and a famous old Spanish rock song, "Resistiré". Very apt...

The air smells wonderful. And I'd swear that the temperature has dropped because there are so few cars and local industry is almost at a standstill. There's no urban micro-climate. Go out on the street and it feels like you're in the country.

Take care and happy soaping

[ I have as much chance of getting a fatal case of Covid 19 as I do the flu. Proper hygene and taking care of where I go when I go.
The MEDIA has caused a huge panic .]

The DEAD are causing the panic!!! And the ill!!! and the hospitals collapsing!! This is totally different because it is NEW. Don´t get it wrong. You Will see in a week oer

Back