Concussion ;/

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See you did it again dennis made me laugh with that last sentence it wasnt only you who highjacked the thread a few of us went off topic lol
Guilty!! Sorry!

And I don't even think I had the decency to say - @Meena Heal thyself (not with pot) but with rest, and following Dr's orders. Concussions are no joke, don't play with your brain!!

Will look it up. I loved 'Dallas Buyers Club' with Matthew McConaughey.
Me too!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Guilty!! Sorry!

And I don't even think I had the decency to say - @Meena Heal thyself (not with pot) but with rest, and following Dr's orders. Concussions are no joke, don't play with your brain!!

Thank you! No worries! I'm doing the best I can with the restrictions, and sleeping as much as possible.

Last time I promise Meena!

Meena, we're so bad.

Naw, i think you're all Adorable!

We get that plus more visitors/tourists on any given day....heck DISNEY alone averages 140,000 tourists DAILY! Wanna trade? :)

Yes, yes I would. Because that would mean there is land/housing to purchase (here there is none unless you go so far out you aren't close to anything, because these are permanent residents, not just visitors)
So yes, if it was just tourists, visitors and not permanent residents, I would take it in a heartbeat.
We get plenty of visitors here also due to our Mountains and National Parks - we average 80 million tourists per year (219k per day average) which is also 40% higher than the national average, so it's all just a mess...

I have to go back to work tomorrow, even if it's a half day. Yesterday I could tell that i was still not 'right', but I started taking Boswelia yesterday on recommendation from my massage therapist, and do feel a bit better today. Getting a second cranial-sacral session tonight for good measure, and then just hope for the best, i guess. Don't have the money for the fancy isht like cat scans right now.

UPDATE - Going to the doctor tomorrow. Not sure about work.

Last edited:
Yes, I'm sure there are big changes, not all good. I'm already seeing changes in Florida since medical marijuana was legalized and is a mess due to political wrangling. My part of the state is being discovered but south and central Florida have been busting at the seams for years. We still have our old Florida look in so many places.

USA should just do what South Africa has recently done - just legalise it throughout the country and you wont have people moving counties (?? counties)

We need a new thread about marijuana.

I make a "dope soap"

We need a new thread about marijuana.

I make a "dope soap"

With CBD oil - Is that what you mean?

Good luck at the doctors Meena ... I hope you feel better when you wake up :)

Thanks -- I didn't, much. Went to a neurologist (since this was not my first rodeo), and got ordered another week at home. You guys may have noticed that I've been resting a LOT more.

USA should just do what South Africa has recently done - just legalise it throughout the country and you wont have people moving counties (?? counties)

Oh heck no! No flippin' way! It's legal in my state and now we're dealing with high drivers, high shoppers, high people just hanging in parking lots or restaurant and all of the bad behavior that goes with it - like high people thinking my 11 year old is adorable and wanting to stroke her hair and stuff like that.

She also has closely witnessed 2 car/pedestrian accidents in 2 years due to high people being stupid - complete with broken body parts and blood.

Not to mention you can smell the odor - which means we're exposed to it.

I am all for pharmaceutical use and research, but legalizing it just made life more dangerous.

Oh heck no! No flippin' way! It's legal in my state and now we're dealing with high drivers, high shoppers, high people just hanging in parking lots or restaurant and all of the bad behavior that goes with it - like high people thinking my 11 year old is adorable and wanting to stroke her hair and stuff like that.

She also has closely witnessed 2 car/pedestrian accidents in 2 years due to high people being stupid - complete with broken body parts and blood.

I am all for pharmaceutical use and research, but legalizing it just made life more dangerous.

with THC and CBD for the soap
But yes - I agree with you - all the meth heads wander around thinking they can do what they like. Here its only for personal use in your personal space (home etc).If they had legalised it in all states in USA you wouldnt have these huge onslaughts of weed tourism - all the idiots would stay in there own state.

Oh heck no! No flippin' way! It's legal in my state and now we're dealing with high drivers, high shoppers, high people just hanging in parking lots or restaurant and all of the bad behavior that goes with it

Fascinating. In the time that pot's been legal in Canada, I've noticed no difference whatsoever, nor have I read any reports of more impaired driving, etc. Texting while driving is still a much bigger problem here (although we just got new, very strict laws last week).

Now meth, that's a whole other story...that is a public safety issue.

We haven't really seen that here, just the influx of people because it's not legal everywhere else. Studies have repeatedly shown that just because it's legal doesn't mean more people are smoking/eating it, just that now they don't have to go to jail if they have it in their pockets. Also statistically - here in CO anyway, DUI's and other alcohol related illegalities have actually gone down 6% overall - doesn't seem like much, but IMO that's huge.
I work downtown where there are a lot of dispensaries and grow houses. I've been down here 15 years, and the only thing I see more of is homeless people. I don't see more high people than I did before.

all the meth heads wander around thinking they can do what they like.
Meth is on a completely different level than pot.

Meth is on a completely different level than pot.
agree with you completely

It really is a fascinating subject - the whole pot thing. I am just glad that the vast majority of people are now talking about it and asking questions - its not that big taboo that it used to be.
I have to say that the vibe in South Africa when it was legalised for personal use was fantastic (similar to when we had the olympics here and when we won the world cup) - great sense of unity and achievement between all races (I am not a huge smoker but I really dont like being told what I can or cannot do especially when it comes to something that used to be grown and consumed naturally (with all the growhouses and cross breeding it isnt natural at all now though - but it is still a plant that has to be grown and its not manufactured in a lab)
hahahhahha - we have just continued to hijack poor meenas concussion - sorry meena.

I, too, am a Colorado resident, but I live on the western slope of the Rockies in a very rural area. We have not had the huge population increases, etc. as Meena, but we had lots of shady people coming in to buy up small acreages to raise pot illegally. We also have seen an increase in young children (elementary and middle school) bringing it to school and/or overdosing because their parents leave it lying around. There are commercials on TV warning people to lock up their pot. I, personally, feel that if it were legalized nationally, Colorado would not have all the problems we are experiencing.

Well, back to the doctor today. Haven't been able to work more than 4.5 hours, so far, and not without repercussions. Apparently, my job is a whole other level of brain use than reading a soap forum... :p

Just wanted you all to know that I'm being a bad girl right now, reading the Forum, because I got diagnosed with a concussion yesterday (happened wee hours of Saturday aka Friday night) and have been ordered: Rest, NO screen time (computers, tv, etc), and not even to read a book!! Through the end of the week!!! OMG, what do they think I'm supposed to DO with all this sideline time??!??!? The 3 days off of work is nice, but I can't think of what to use the time for with such severe restrictions... [I could try my first CP batch, IF I had been able to find Lye in this wretched part of town].

Anyway, wanted you to know why you may not see me much ... or maybe you will anyway, since I am finding all of YOU and this subject Irresistible!! :D
Don’t take this lightly.Take good care of yourself-looking forward to seeing you when you get back!

Don’t take this lightly.Take good care of yourself-looking forward to seeing you when you get back!

Thanks, Melinda. Was just tallying up the entire month of January, and i've worked a total of 6 days, counting partial days. :eek: Not good! Really not good for buying soap stuff!! :oops:

Latest posts

Back