Concussion ;/

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Meena, Jan 9, 2019.

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating:

1. Jan 9, 2019 #21

jcandleattic

jcandleattic

jcandleattic

Guilty!! Sorry!

And I don't even think I had the decency to say - @Meena Heal thyself (not with pot) but with rest, and following Dr's orders. Concussions are no joke, don't play with your brain!!

Me too!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2019
    Meena likes this.
  2. Jan 9, 2019 #22

Dennis

Dennis

Dennis

Lifetime Supporter

Last time I promise Meena!
    Murder Mountain is about Humboldt County in California. Long time pot growing area. I was stationed in Nam back in the day with a guy from there. Yes, he did and probably still does.

Meena, we're so bad.

Meena and jcandleattic like this.
  3. Jan 10, 2019 #23

Meena

Meena

Meena

Supporting Member

Thank you! No worries! I'm doing the best I can with the restrictions, and sleeping as much as possible.

Naw, i think you're all Adorable!

4. Jan 10, 2019 #24

Hendejm

Hendejm

Hendejm

We get that plus more visitors/tourists on any given day....heck DISNEY alone averages 140,000 tourists DAILY! Wanna trade? :)

5. Jan 10, 2019 #25

jcandleattic

jcandleattic

jcandleattic

Yes, yes I would. Because that would mean there is land/housing to purchase (here there is none unless you go so far out you aren't close to anything, because these are permanent residents, not just visitors)
    So yes, if it was just tourists, visitors and not permanent residents, I would take it in a heartbeat.
    We get plenty of visitors here also due to our Mountains and National Parks - we average 80 million tourists per year (219k per day average) which is also 40% higher than the national average, so it's all just a mess...

Meena likes this.
  6. Jan 10, 2019 #26

Dennis

Dennis

Dennis

Lifetime Supporter

My sister lives in Longwood. To me, the only place to live in Florida is north of Ocala and it's starting to fill up.

7. Jan 14, 2019 #27

Meena

Meena

Meena

Supporting Member

I have to go back to work tomorrow, even if it's a half day. Yesterday I could tell that i was still not 'right', but I started taking Boswelia yesterday on recommendation from my massage therapist, and do feel a bit better today. Getting a second cranial-sacral session tonight for good measure, and then just hope for the best, i guess. Don't have the money for the fancy isht like cat scans right now.

UPDATE - Going to the doctor tomorrow. Not sure about work.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  8. Jan 15, 2019 #28

SaltedFig

SaltedFig

SaltedFig

Lifetime Supporter

Good luck at the doctors Meena ... I hope you feel better when you wake up :)

Meena likes this.
  9. Jan 15, 2019 #29

Donee'

Donee'

Donee'

USA should just do what South Africa has recently done - just legalise it throughout the country and you wont have people moving counties (?? counties)

We need a new thread about marijuana.

I make a "dope soap"

Meena likes this.
  10. Jan 16, 2019 #30

Meena

Meena

Meena

Supporting Member

With CBD oil - Is that what you mean?

Thanks -- I didn't, much. Went to a neurologist (since this was not my first rodeo), and got ordered another week at home. You guys may have noticed that I've been resting a LOT more.

11. Jan 16, 2019 #31

lenarenee

lenarenee

lenarenee

Supporting Member

Oh heck no! No flippin' way! It's legal in my state and now we're dealing with high drivers, high shoppers, high people just hanging in parking lots or restaurant and all of the bad behavior that goes with it - like high people thinking my 11 year old is adorable and wanting to stroke her hair and stuff like that.

She also has closely witnessed 2 car/pedestrian accidents in 2 years due to high people being stupid - complete with broken body parts and blood.

Not to mention you can smell the odor - which means we're exposed to it.

I am all for pharmaceutical use and research, but legalizing it just made life more dangerous.

12. Jan 16, 2019 #32

Donee'

Donee'

Donee'

with THC and CBD for the soap
    But yes - I agree with you - all the meth heads wander around thinking they can do what they like. Here its only for personal use in your personal space (home etc).If they had legalised it in all states in USA you wouldnt have these huge onslaughts of weed tourism - all the idiots would stay in there own state.

Meena likes this.
  13. Jan 16, 2019 #33

MGM

MGM

MGM

Fascinating. In the time that pot's been legal in Canada, I've noticed no difference whatsoever, nor have I read any reports of more impaired driving, etc. Texting while driving is still a much bigger problem here (although we just got new, very strict laws last week).

Now meth, that's a whole other story...that is a public safety issue.

Misschief, Meena, Suzy Knight and 2 others like this.
  14. Jan 16, 2019 #34

jcandleattic

jcandleattic

jcandleattic

We haven't really seen that here, just the influx of people because it's not legal everywhere else. Studies have repeatedly shown that just because it's legal doesn't mean more people are smoking/eating it, just that now they don't have to go to jail if they have it in their pockets. Also statistically - here in CO anyway, DUI's and other alcohol related illegalities have actually gone down 6% overall - doesn't seem like much, but IMO that's huge.
    I work downtown where there are a lot of dispensaries and grow houses. I've been down here 15 years, and the only thing I see more of is homeless people. I don't see more high people than I did before.

Meth is on a completely different level than pot.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2019
    Meena and Alfa_Lazcares like this.
  15. Jan 16, 2019 #35

Donee'

Donee'

Donee'

agree with you completely

It really is a fascinating subject - the whole pot thing. I am just glad that the vast majority of people are now talking about it and asking questions - its not that big taboo that it used to be.
    I have to say that the vibe in South Africa when it was legalised for personal use was fantastic (similar to when we had the olympics here and when we won the world cup) - great sense of unity and achievement between all races (I am not a huge smoker but I really dont like being told what I can or cannot do especially when it comes to something that used to be grown and consumed naturally (with all the growhouses and cross breeding it isnt natural at all now though - but it is still a plant that has to be grown and its not manufactured in a lab)
    hahahhahha - we have just continued to hijack poor meenas concussion - sorry meena.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2019
    Meena likes this.
  16. Jan 18, 2019 #36

Jeannie Hinyard

Jeannie Hinyard

Jeannie Hinyard

I, too, am a Colorado resident, but I live on the western slope of the Rockies in a very rural area. We have not had the huge population increases, etc. as Meena, but we had lots of shady people coming in to buy up small acreages to raise pot illegally. We also have seen an increase in young children (elementary and middle school) bringing it to school and/or overdosing because their parents leave it lying around. There are commercials on TV warning people to lock up their pot. I, personally, feel that if it were legalized nationally, Colorado would not have all the problems we are experiencing.

Meena likes this.
  17. Jan 29, 2019 #37

Meena

Meena

Meena

Supporting Member

Well, back to the doctor today. Haven't been able to work more than 4.5 hours, so far, and not without repercussions. Apparently, my job is a whole other level of brain use than reading a soap forum... :p

KimT2au, atiz and SaltedFig like this.
  18. Jan 29, 2019 #38

SaltedFig

SaltedFig

SaltedFig

Lifetime Supporter

Good luck! :)

Meena likes this.
  19. Jan 30, 2019 #39

melinda48

melinda48

melinda48

Supporting Member

Don’t take this lightly.Take good care of yourself-looking forward to seeing you when you get back!

Meena likes this.
  20. Jan 30, 2019 #40

Meena

Meena

Meena

Supporting Member

Thanks, Melinda. Was just tallying up the entire month of January, and i've worked a total of 6 days, counting partial days. :eek: Not good! Really not good for buying soap stuff!! :oops:

Draft saved Draft deleted