Color cp with Rit Dye?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

safire_6

Reaction score
I picked up a book from the library yesterday and it said to use Rit Dye to color cold process soap. Has anyone done this? Is is safe? How would you label it in ingredients?

Nope, it's not skin safe and it will STAIN everything...including the user.

the book was published in 1996. I called the Rit Dye company today and they said that the dye is skin safe. When I asked how to list it on the label the woman i talked with said "dispersed dye and sodium chloride".

I serious lt doubt that it is safe enough to use on your skin, I think when they say skin safe they mean if you spill some on yourself. Fabric dyes are highly toxic.

i would not use that, ive colored some clothes, it stains your hands.

Nope, it's not skin safe and it will STAIN everything...including the user.
I made a batch using rit dye once
I picked up a book from the library yesterday and it said to use Rit Dye to color cold process soap. Has anyone done this? Is is safe? How would you label it in ingredients?
I made a batch of cp soap using rit dye. When sitting wet and idle some dye did leech(I did use the soap a week after it was made. The older soap doesn't leech at all)a bit, but did not stain the tub where it was sitting. The soap didn't stain my skin, and my skin is ultra sensitive and the soap colored with rit dye has not irritated my skin at all.

similar to using crayons for colour
staining might vary by colour choice

thanks for bringing up this old thread (its 12 years old and i have not seen any post from the people you quoted)
i needed a synthetic dye supplier

i am curious
what colour did you use?

Latest posts

Back