Color Concern

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluehouse

Reaction score
Do any of you get too concerned about the color in the soap being intense enough to slightly color the washcloth (washes out) but the bubbles are still white. Seems like if I color enough to get the bold bright look I'm going for then it will make the washcloth a little colored. Does this usually happen or are there colors out there that absolutely do not do this? I have always been a little conservative with coloring my soap but would like to branch out a little more with the color thing.

I think certain things leave color and others don't.
I use madder root in an amount that leaves a little color but rinses out, and just put a disclaimer about it. I love the color and that it's natural.
So far I haven't had any complaints!

I wish it didn't leave color but this seems to work :)

just put a disclaimer about it.
Wondering, how do you phrase it ? Soaps have small labels and I can't seem to figure an explanation below 20 words :)

A quick disclaimer or two I thought of...

'may cause discolouration on fabric'

'colour may leave traces on fabrics, rinse after use'

something like that... it is late here, i am sometimes more eloquent. :)

Yes similar. I say under the ingredients list:
"Natural madder root colorant may leave color but rinses out."

If it rinses off then I wouldn't worry about it, but if it stains just keep it simple "may discolour fabric". Some people wouldn't care, some people don't even use wash cloths, and some might use a plastic loofah or something that won't hold colour anyway.

Thanks all for the suggestions...a disclaimer it will be. I probably wouldn't have noticed myself except I do use white washcloths. So appreciate all the help I get from this website. Was a great day when I discovered it!! :D

What colorant are you using that leaves color on the washcloth by the way,
just out of curiosity!

The red and the black oxides are very bad to "color" your washcloth, I use them myself but usually only for the swirl color with no problems.

Latest posts

Back