cocnut milk

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marilyn Norgart

Reaction score
I have been reading thru articles but cant really see an answer to my question (I find it hard to believe it hasn't been asked though).
I use coconut oil in my soaps and I use some coconut milk---does anybody find the addition of coconut milk while using coconut oil causes a drying effect? I don't find my soap without the coconut milk drying at all

I don't. Coconut milk in soap is lovely. Do you find the soaps you make with it are drying vs the soaps you make without it are not? Higher coconut % doesn't seem to bother me like it does for some.

Do you find the soaps you make with it are drying vs the soaps you make without it are not?

maybe a little but I have been washing my hands more lately. I am going to use the bar in my shower this morning to see how it feels that way. thanks. I have used every bar but this one--I don't know how that happened

well I just took a shower with the bar and my skin feels absolutely fine, I think when I made soap the other day I got the batter on my hands a bit

Where do you buy coconut milk powder? Is there coconut cream powder? I would like to use that too. Thanks!

Which to get soap making supplies in UAE? Can I use any cooking or hair oils available in store? Coconut cooking oil, olive extra,wells almond oil are they all ok for soap making
Please start a new thread as this is a new question.
Post in the beginners section or in the Shopping Recommendation section

You might be using the soap too early ?
My hands are always drier with handmade soap :smallshrug:

no its a soap I made 3-4 months ago--I think my hands were just dry to start with maybe. thanks. I just got to thinking when my hands felt dry cuz of all the posts on too much coconut oil being drying

Where do you buy coconut milk powder? Is there coconut cream powder? I would like to use that too. Thanks!
I bought mine through Amazon. It’s 50% fat by weight.

A7DF2B47-7FE9-4F2C-8FC8-87890CB4BA81.jpeg

Back