CLMP'S Gallery

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well here is some Blackberry Sage Charcoal Soap. I wanted to swirl it but the FO told me I had to make layers so here it is. 😆 🤣 😂 View attachment 71338
Nice! I was thinking of trying a layer of charcoal in the middle of a pour ~ so this gives me a nice reverse visual! 🥰

I have 3 soaping stations. Station 1 I mix my lye and oils. Station 2 is where I split and color my soap and FO or EO it. Station 3 is where I pour my batch of soap. That's how I soap lol😂
It's nice to know I'm not the only one working in cramped quarters! I have about 2 feet of counter space directly against my stove so I make sure to measure everything out ahead and have everything lined up and ready to work!
*my "work from home" computer set up (computer with double monitors) took over my whole small kitchen table because I don't have room for a desk in our tiny apartment so I really have no extra space 🙃

So before I chop my soap up to make embeds. I just wanted to show everybody how nice soap can be using a 1 L milk carton so I cut it into bars for you to see. This is how I learned to make soap my very first time and is probably the reason I love square soap so much. It also bevels the corners of your soap and you get a nice clean cut and the soap is so smooth. Just the bottom has lines that aren't very nice but you can easily cut a thin slice off and it's ready to cut into bars. It's fun and easy to use I just rinse out the milk container right away and save a couple to keep handy to use it's also perfect for just making a couple bars to test fragrances. All my molds are wooden 3 pounders so if I want to make a small batch this is perfect. So here are some pictures of how nice it is. All you do is peal off the carton and it's ready to go.View attachment 72981
Very nice! I was thinking of buying milk cartons to use as molds, but you have to buy in bulk and they come flat and you have to assemble every one so I put that idea on the back burner. But I agree with you ~ I like the finished shape!

So thrilled my boys or should I say men lol Will be so pleased to get their banana soap for Christmas after all. They will just have to wait a few weeks to use it 😆. If you would like recipe I wrote it down in the showcase gallery under mashed banana 🍌 soap!
Oooo I love the banana! I’d like to try making it.

Oooo I love the banana! I’d like to try making it.
Oh you should it was so fun to make it's been 6 or 7 months since I made it and it still smells strong of banana and the real mashed bananas I put in it didn't go bad yet the soap is still very fresh I actually have only 2 bars left. I used half banana FO from voyageur soaps and candle and half banana cream pie FO from suds n scents I think mixing the 2 helped the scent to stay strong. Some banana scents fade after awhile is what I heard but mine is really good I will show you a pick of the bar I have left the other bar is actually in my shower lol.😂 It has a ring so it could of used just a little bit of heat to force gel. But it was winter when I made it maybe now that it's summer maybe it will gel on its own.
IMG_20230615_125416.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20230615_125405.jpg
    IMG_20230615_125405.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Lol hehe you got me laughing I mixed to different versions of banana FO one smells like real bananas the other one was banana cream pie the smell of the 2 combined is amazing. Especially with the vanilla in it 😋. Thanks so much!
Okay question. What vanilla do you use? I’m a vanilla fiend and use some vanilla in many of my food fragrance products. Haven’t used vanilla in soap yet, and I usually use C02 for body butters. I use vanilla infused jojoba for scrubs.
Please let me know how it goes and if you have any Questions about it just let me know. Boy oh boy I love soaping LoL 😁
Thank you! I was trying to find the link you said you posted in your showcase gallery but ran out of time before I could find it. And I LOVE banana cream pie!!

Okay question. What vanilla do you use? I’m a vanilla fiend and use some vanilla in many of my food fragrance products. Haven’t used vanilla in soap yet, and I usually use C02 for body butters. I use vanilla infused jojoba for scrubs.

Thank you! I was trying to find the link you said you posted in your showcase gallery but ran out of time before I could find it. And I LOVE banana cream pie!!
Hi just got home. I haven't used vanilla in my soap yet either just because I know it will turn soap brown. I was talking about the vanilla thats already in the banana cream pie FO and it also will turn soap brown you kinda gota work your design in knowing that it turns brown. I did however buy a vanilla FO from Candora Soap called Fresh Vanilla it's supposed to be good that I'm going to try soon. But you could add some vanilla FO to the banana FO too I bet that would be awesome too cause the banana FO is going to turn brown anyways. I think I will try that next time I make banana soap.

Oh yah I all most forgot to tell you if your looking for my banana recipe I believe it's on a different CLMP gallery I only have 2 gallery's and one is just for the banana soap I think that's what you meant when you said you couldn't find the link. If you can't find it let me know and I'll try and find it to repost it or something. I actually lost that banana recipe because I had it saved in my old phone that broke and I didn't write it down lol. So I'm actually excited to know I wrote it down somewhere on SMF lol. Later when I have time I will see if I can find it. I have to go make soap now lol😀 so I will be busy for the next 5 hours LoL 😁

I found your banana soap post using the Search bar (top right of my computer screen). I typed in "banana" and then added your name in the "By" box. But I didn't see any recipe in that post - just amazing looking banana soap. Still in awe of those banana slice embeds!

I found your banana soap post using the Search bar (top right of my computer screen). I typed in "banana" and then added your name in the "By" box. But I didn't see any recipe in that post - just amazing looking banana soap. Still in awe of those banana slice embeds!
Oh sorry if I got that wrong my memory isn't very good these days lol oops. I will try to figure it out I was busy making soap all night lol but I'm done now.

Hi just got home. I haven't used vanilla in my soap yet either just because I know it will turn soap brown. I was talking about the vanilla thats already in the banana cream pie FO and it also will turn soap brown you kinda gota work your design in knowing that it turns brown. I did however buy a vanilla FO from Candora Soap called Fresh Vanilla it's supposed to be good that I'm going to try soon. But you could add some vanilla FO to the banana FO too I bet that would be awesome too cause the banana FO is going to turn brown anyways. I think I will try that next time I make banana soap.

Oh yah I all most forgot to tell you if your looking for my banana recipe I believe it's on a different CLMP gallery I only have 2 gallery's and one is just for the banana soap I think that's what you meant when you said you couldn't find the link. If you can't find it let me know and I'll try and find it to repost it or something. I actually lost that banana recipe because I had it saved in my old phone that broke and I didn't write it down lol. So I'm actually excited to know I wrote it down somewhere on SMF lol. Later when I have time I will see if I can find it. I have to go make soap now lol😀 so I will be busy for the next 5 hours LoL 😁
Thank you, everyone! I did find the banana recipe!

Hi just got home. I haven't used vanilla in my soap yet either just because I know it will turn soap brown.
That's not necessarily a negative... customers are VERY attracted to vanilla and they don't care if the soap is brown.
I was at a soaping buddy's house one day. Her garage door was up on a sunny afternoon when she was cutting a large batch of Pink Sugar FO. (One of my all-time favorites) Its indescribably delicious scent wafted down the long driveway to the street where a woman was walking her young daughter home from school. She called out, "What is that wonderful smell?" LOL Conversation followed.

I believe most suppliers still carry the fragrance. Well worth the investment. :thumbs: ;)

That's not necessarily a negative... customers are VERY attracted to vanilla and they don't care if the soap is brown.
I was at a soaping buddy's house one day. Her garage door was up on a sunny afternoon when she was cutting a large batch of Pink Sugar FO. (One of my all-time favorites) Its indescribably delicious scent wafted down the long driveway to the street where a woman was walking her young daughter home from school. She called out, "What is that wonderful smell?" LOL Conversation followed.

I believe most suppliers still carry the fragrance. Well worth the investment. :thumbs: ;)
Oh I will try and find that scent here in Canada it sounds wonderful I love trying new scents and sometimes it's hard to find a really good one thanks for the tip lol🥰

Oh I will try and find that scent here in Canada it sounds wonderful I love trying new scents and sometimes it's hard to find a really good one thanks for the tip lol🥰
Pink Sugar goes brown, very brown.

This is @Zany_in_CO No slime Castle soap with faux sea water recipe and I love it so far. So I added to the recipe 10% coconut oil and 5% caster oil with peppermint EO and kaolin clay. I then used half a tsp of red mixed with TD to make a pink I figured this was a good way to put a smaller amount of color into my almost natural soap LOL. (Just a bit of color was needed LOL).😊. My cream color is just TD with EVO as my main ingredient always gets me this lovely cream color. I then added some Poppy seeds so I can get a good scrub Lol 😄. Here it is. @AliOop and everybody.
IMG_20230701_144437~2.jpg

Last edited:
This is @Zany_in_CO No slime Castle soap with faux sea water recipe and I love it so far. So I added to the recipe 10% coconut oil and 5% caster oil with peppermint EO and kaolin clay. I then used half a tsp of red mixed with TD to make a pink I figured this was a good way to put a smaller amount of color into my almost natural soap LOL. (Just a bit of color was needed LOL).😊. My cream color is just TD with EVO as my main ingredient always gets me this lovely cream color. I then added some Poppy seeds so I can get a good scrub Lol 😄. Here it is. @AliOop and everybody. View attachment 73346
Ooo! That's pretty 😍

CandleScience has pink sugar fragrance oil. It’s one of my favorites. And they ship to Canada. And for the next few days they’re having a small sale on new fragrances. Links below

https://www.candlescience.com/fragrance/pink-sugar-crystals-fragrance-oil/

Fall & Holiday Fragrance Release:

Enjoy 50% off 1 oz bottles of our new fall and holiday fragrances: Mint White Chocolate Ganache, Iced Gingersnap, Orange Pomander, Autumn Glow, Almond Macaron, Pumpkin Spice Buttercream, and Cranberry Prosecco.

*Discount applies in cart; limit two 1 oz bottles per fragrance, per order. Promotional price ends at midnight PT, July 5, 2023.

CandleScience has pink sugar fragrance oil. It’s one of my favorites. And they ship to Canada. And for the next few days they’re having a small sale on new fragrances. Links below

https://www.candlescience.com/fragrance/pink-sugar-crystals-fragrance-oil/

Fall & Holiday Fragrance Release:

Enjoy 50% off 1 oz bottles of our new fall and holiday fragrances: Mint White Chocolate Ganache, Iced Gingersnap, Orange Pomander, Autumn Glow, Almond Macaron, Pumpkin Spice Buttercream, and Cranberry Prosecco.

*Discount applies in cart; limit two 1 oz bottles per fragrance, per order. Promotional price ends at midnight PT, July 5, 2023.
Hi oh thank you so much you must have ESP lol I was just looking at that scent pink sugar a few days ago. My soap supplier has it I was also looking at the Pink sands too and was wondering about it I think I will try it! Thanks so much!

Latest posts

Back