Christmas 2013

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I enjoy Relle's Christmas Countdowns but I have to admit I laughed when I read your comment.

I do too!

Mmmmph, I could always take my bat and ball and go home.
icon_silent.gif

And let me get lax over those long lazy days of summer? Naw ;)

Manda -

As in packaging or as a gift set? We can try to help you figure something out.

eta: Except I can't help tonight because I'm going to bed.

I enjoy Relle's Christmas Countdowns but I have to admit I laughed when I read your comment.

:)

Something for a gift set. I keep trying to find some small box or basket that isn't too expensive (I'm making about 12 of these so I want to keep the cost down). I'm planning on going to the cigar store a couple of towns over after work tonight and hope they have some boxes that will work. I welcome any other ideas!

:)

Something for a gift set. I keep trying to find some small box or basket that isn't too expensive (I'm making about 12 of these so I want to keep the cost down). I'm planning on going to the cigar store a couple of towns over after work tonight and hope they have some boxes that will work. I welcome any other ideas!

what about shoe boxes? or used tins of sorts (Christmas cookie/chocolate tins?). used boxes at the grocery or hardware store?

what about shoe boxes? or used tins of sorts (Christmas cookie/chocolate tins?). used boxes at the grocery or hardware store?

If you have even any cookie boxes just take a spray paint bottle and paint it gold or silver or green or red and you will not even need to gift wrap

Something for a gift set.

I liked neeners and Khanjari's suggestions; although, I'd use gift wrap to cover the cookie boxes instead of painting them. I have seen some nice tins and decorated boxes at dollar stores. Another suggestion is buying the plastic food containers with lids which come in a 2 pack or 3 pack. Example of food container. I don't know what size you need for the gift set but the dollar store generally has a varied selection. This sounds weird but bear with me a moment while I explain.

Cover the container and lid with gift wrap. Use the lid as a tray and put the container on top. You can buy bags of crinkled paper strips at the dollar store. Sprinkle some festive looking strips into the container and put your gifts into the container. They also have rolls of cellophane at the dollar store you can use to wrap the containers. Basically, bag them up and use curly ribbon to tie them off. You have a "basket" and the recipients will have a useful plastic container. If you can find a 2 pk container for $1.00, then you'd have $6 in the containers and then the price for the crinkle paper, cellophane, gift wrap and curly ribbon. I think all of these items would be $1 each - maybe. I know it did cost $1 when I bought a roll of cellophane at the dollar store. I had looked at the crinkle paper bags and I think they were also a dollar for each. The curly ribbon was a multiple pack of varied colors but I don't remember what colors were in the packs. I was just browsing so I really wasn't paying much attention.

And this is my weird and cheap idea for packaging a gift set. :lol:

And let me get lax over those long lazy days of summer? Naw :wink:

Absolutely! We need Relle to keep us motivated. :thumbup:

I like all the ideas. I ended up buy some Christmas boxes at Wal-Mart last night… not quite what I had in mind but at a dollar a piece the price was right and so was the size. I have a scarf to put in the bottom and use for filling for the women who are getting a box of soap. One of the guys is getting a Dr Who shirt I made for him.

I still need to figure out what to put in the bottom of the boxes for the other guys. So far the guys are getting two bars of soap, a container with a lid of shaving soap, a shaving brush, maybe some razors (because it is always nice to have more razors). These are for two guys in their mid-twenties.

Like Hazel had mentioned, you can host put some curly paper to fill the space or you can use an empty box (smaller than the gift box) invert it and fill the unwanted space and then place all you gift items on that inverted boxImageUploadedBySoap Making1387388252.457040.jpg

use an empty box (smaller than the gift box) invert it and fill the unwanted space and then place all you gift items on that inverted box

That's a good suggestion!

I still need to figure out what to put in the bottom of the boxes for the other guys.

Christmas boxes - even cheaper than my idea! You're the new Thrift Queen. :thumbup:

I asked my sister what she puts in boxes for her sons and she suggested deodorant, gloves, knit cap, socks, etc. Basically things they need underneath the fun stuff. However, these might not be good ideas if these guys aren't related to you. I can't help because I just give money. I figure they're old enough to shop for themselves.

I still need to figure out what to put in the bottom of the boxes for the other guys. So far the guys are getting two bars of soap, a container with a lid of shaving soap, a shaving brush, maybe some razors (because it is always nice to have more razors). These are for two guys in their mid-twenties.

socks or boxers? I know my bf is always in need of socks... hmm....toque, aftershave, hat?

My husband is always out of socks! And you can never go wrong with a nice sweater (depending on your budget)

I just don't know what boys/men do with socks!!! my bf has a whole drawer, and it's impossible to find any that match or aren't torn. then he comes and steals my socks. good thing Santa knows to bring him socks! lol

I just don't know what boys/men do with socks!!! my bf has a whole drawer, and it's impossible to find any that match or aren't torn. then he comes and steals my socks. good thing Santa knows to bring him socks! lol

I do the laundry in the house so I make sure they are in a pair but his always get torn from the bottom! And that's when the pairing gets disrupted

My husband is always out of socks! And you can never go wrong with a nice sweater (depending on your budget)

I like the sweater idea. They are my husband’s nephews – I say it like that because one of the guys is a year younger than me the other is a year older. Great guys. We already got them some liquor filled chocolates. I just have a hard time because I don’t really know them or spend that much time around them. I may try to throw together some mechanics scrub (they both work in construction) and add some work gloves and a knit cap. Thank you all so much for the ideas. I have one boy box ready to go so I will post pictures of it when I get time!

Latest posts

Back