Christmas 2013

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
images
Just for you Hazel. He's friendly - see his smile.

Any recommendations on how to wrap your soaps for holiday giving? I have lots of guest and full sized soaps, but don't want to spend tons of time or money to wrap. Thinking about getting small gift bags from the dollar store.

For my soap gifts I'm thinking tissue paper and string for gift wrapping. But I'd want to label them and I don't know how I'm going to do that yet.

I got some beautiful gifts bags at Dollar Tree (2 for $1). I'll wrap them with my regular cigar band in Christmas colors, add a little tissue and good to go!

Hazel - Lol, there were sharks with lazer beams trapping you on an island, but you escaped in a sail boat. The thread is quite funny for anyone who hasn't read it. Lol

I went back and re-read the thread. I'd forgotten so much. I was giggling here and there.

@ Relle - He's not smiling because he's friendly. He's smiling because he's anticipating and thinking "Gonna eat you up, yum".

@ Renata - Wow! 130 bars. Now I can't complain about what I have to do. How long is that going to take you?

I think gift bags from the Dollar Store sounds good and tissue wrap, too. I've used the unbleached coffee filters before and tied with raffia for packaging. But that's rustic looking and may not be good for Christmas soap.

@ AshPea
- I recently discovered the ease of using Avery Design Pro. You can use it to print labels on cardstock to make tags or print labels on adhesive back paper.

I went back and re-read the thread. I'd forgotten so much. I was giggling here and there.
@ Relle - He's not smiling because he's friendly. He's smiling because he's anticipating and thinking "Gonna eat you up, yum".

At least he has his hat on for the Christmas feast.

4 weeks and that's it folks, to late after today for CP to cure in time.
sailing-pilgrims.gif
If you have left it too late now, you have missed the boat.
Better luck next year.

Already moved on to Valentine's Day soaps :) Lavender confetti cake soap, Pure Seduction dupe, Falling in Love Dupe...Oh, and then I have a green beer soap for St. Patrick's Day... :)

Ready?? Really??

I'm just now looking at trying soap for the first time and was hoping to have something to give in gift baskets for some guy friends. The more I read the more i think it isn't going to happen by Christmas. :-(

Being a bunch of guys, a good portion of which are bikers, I was thinking maybe a leather/earthy scented soap. Having a hard time finding a FO for leather. Might have to switch things up a bit.

Also still searching for a good basic 2lb HP recipe for bath soap.

Ugh...why do I also procrastinate? HAHA

Back