cargill c3 issues

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delta soap diva

Reaction score
this candle stuff is driving me nuts, and it's not a far drive!!! i am just about ready to pitch it all out my third floor window!

i was using ecosoya cb pure soy and then the price shot up. i switched to cargill c3. i found a source within an hour from me for the c3 which makes it that much more appealing.

some of the candles i've made from the c3 are decent, they smell up the whole house but they dont last long anywhere from 15-30 hours. 30 hours i'm very happy with but the 15 hour, not so much. that is an 8oz apothecary jar. i double wick because i like how i can get it to burn all the way down. as i am typing this i am thinking this isn't so bad and maybe i just need to wick down and see what happens. but i don't have any smaller wick!!! i think i'm going to go and do some welding or something with metal, that always makes me feel good.

i don't know i guess i just neeeded to vent. :x thanks for the listen.

does anyone use this wax? what wicks do you like? i've tried eco, cd and currently use premier.

delta soap diva said:
this candle stuff is driving me nuts, and it's not a far drive!!! i am just about ready to pitch it all out my third floor window!

i was using ecosoya cb pure soy and then the price shot up. i switched to cargill c3. i found a source within an hour from me for the c3 which makes it that much more appealing.

some of the candles i've made from the c3 are decent, they smell up the whole house but they dont last long anywhere from 15-30 hours. 30 hours i'm very happy with but the 15 hour, not so much. that is an 8oz apothecary jar. i double wick because i like how i can get it to burn all the way down. as i am typing this i am thinking this isn't so bad and maybe i just need to wick down and see what happens. but i don't have any smaller wick!!! i think i'm going to go and do some welding or something with metal, that always makes me feel good.

i don't know i guess i just neeeded to vent. :x thanks for the listen.

does anyone use this wax? what wicks do you like? i've tried eco, cd and currently use premier.

For the 8oz..try using the wick size that you know to burn well,and give off a good scent throw.. With that wick use only 1 for the 8 oz.

After it's been fully cured,cut the wick at 1/4 in and light. Let the melt pool get to the sides of the container.If you don't allow that to happen the candle will never burn properly.It especially needs to be done for the first burn.Doing that sets a memory,always let the melt pool get to the sides. If you can't always do that,no worries,just don't trim the wick when you relight it next time.

Give it another try,just have time set aside to get that first burn down :)

Good luck.

Munky.

thanks wax munky! you'd single wick on a 4" jar? it's not an 8oz mason, sorry if i wasnt' clear. may not have had enough coffee at that point! thanks for the tips, will give them a try.

lol I just woke up..my eyes are still blurry.. Optomitrist appmt today..WOOT!!! :)

And uhhh yeah I'd try a single wick that. Use the wick that you know burns well.,Give it the burn time needed .. if that didn't work then I'd try double wicking..give it the burn time again..

I'll try anything once,twice if I like it ;)

Good luck..

Munky.

Edited by me..never post while asleep :)

Back