Buying soap mold?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craftymom0263

Reaction score
I am thinking about some soap molds for CP soaping. I have no idea where to get the from and where I can guess the best deal. Amy suggestions would help

For my first 6 batches I used an acrylic drawer divider lined with plastic wrap, and Pringles containers for round soaps. I graduated to the 2 lb wooden mold with cutting slot and cutter from Soap Making Resource as my first "grown up" mold, and I just love it. But I'm one of those weirdos who like lining my wooden mold.

I also picked up a silicon cake mold with wire frame and lid at a thrift store for $2.50. It makes twenty 2 x 2 bars or ten 2 x 4 bars. I like it a lot better since I figured out how to cut bars out of it evenly.

it all depends on what you need and your budget. i started plastic tupperwares, hate them, moved on to self made wood (really easy and cheap to do), then finally settled with wood with silicone liner. i found some cheap ones on etsy which are the perfect size for my soap.

It has already been told but wood molds are cheap and easy to make. If you don't like lining them with paper then find silicone liners and build the mold to fit them.

Back