Browsing soap pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^Great segue to a shave soap!
HENRY-CAVENDISH-Shaving-Soap-with-Shea-Butter.jpg

Could be, PJ. Regardless, both have excellent potential for unique, naturally colored handmade soap, as evidenced by Voyageur Soap (alkanet) and Old Whaling (indigo), respectively.
Voyageur Soap alkaneet.jpg

Indigo - Old Whaling.jpg

Another gorgeous blue & puple, albeit likely due to micas. From the Lathered Lamb.
lathered lamb.jpg

More indigo, cuz it looks so gooood.
franklin.jpg

By the way, what am I missing in that logo? Benjamin? I see a duck in a shriner's hat, semi-supported by a distorted dog bone and other nonsensical things. Sorry Franklin!

Last edited by a moderator:
I see a duck in a shriner's hat, semi-supported by a distorted dog bone and other nonsensical things. Sorry Franklin!

***ETA: I quoted the wrong part of your post but I thought the last soap looked really cool...***

It looks like an ultrasound picture with the fetus wearing a scuba mask to me!

Aniri.jpg

The blue you used might not be a high ph stable colorant. What did you and and where did you purchase it? If from a hobby store it would have most likely been a m&p colorant which are usually not high ph colorants. Shari above mentioned TKB and they do have wonderful micas but read their descriptions, they will tell you if they are high ph or cp soap stable. Sorry I forget their exact verbiage.

I used Ultramarine Blue and Klein Blue - both from Nurture . The FO was Macintosh Apple from Rustic but there was some Caramel Apple added to it to make it more "pie like" so maybe the vanillian???? that was the most recent episode. I've had things happen before (I can't remember the particulars of those batches) but I just seem to struggle with blue - of all things. Yellow morphs then comes back, green does the same, but I didn't expect blue to be a problem.

I have some blues from Nurture and they've done great! No issues at all. I have some other micas from Brambleberry that I like as well. Nuture has a sampler pack of micas that come in little jars so you can get just a little of like 10 different colors to try out!

Also, hello from STL! Always lovely to see people from my neck of the woods :)
Hello neighbor!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back