Browsing soap pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Posting some pics I've had stored for a long time.

Screen Shot 2015-10-09 at 11.06.41 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-09-23 at 10.01.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-08-14 at 12.40.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-10-09 at 11.09.02 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-09-04 at 3.44.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-07-10 at 4.27.59 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-07-03 at 12.31.02 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-07-03 at 12.30.20 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-06-19 at 12.17.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-05-01 at 1.22.44 PM.jpg

Last edited:
What sort of name for a company is 2 wild hares????
Nice soap, though.

This just illustrates how subjective names are. I actually love this. "[Off on a wild hare" is an idiomatic expression here meaning to chase a crazy idea or go off on an unexpected tangent]. I assume that the expression is inspired by either the manner in which a rabbit/hare zig-zags from a threat, or the ridiculous route the poor predator takes trying to snag the thing. My interpretation was that either the business or the soaping inspirations were unpredictable and that there were two partners involved.

While I have seen all 187 pages of this thread over the years, I am not sure that I can recall which soaps on my Pinterest page have been posted before. However, I do not want to risk angering the community by posting a comment without accompanying eye candy. I hope these are new to the thread...or at least to some of you:think:

Thanks to dibbles for the link to these. These are hand-carved, not from one of the elaborate silicone 3D molds you find now. I can't imagine the patience! Same goes for wood and stone and other carvers. It takes a lot of foresight and diligence to do something like this.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/ABCarving?ref=listing-shop2-all-items-count#items

I remember that the first time I saw these, I was really skeptical that they had actually been carved by hand, and not done in a mold, and then maybe embellished by hand. Then I saw some videos like this one, on Youtube and was flabbergasted to see it happen in front of my eyes. In this particular video, the artist takes about 15 minutes to turn a commercial bar of soap into a work of art, using only one tool. The level of detail is just amazing.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o7A7PGH_YQ[/ame]

I remember that the first time I saw these, I was really skeptical that they had actually been carved by hand, and not done in a mold, and then maybe embellished by hand. Then I saw some videos like this one, on Youtube and was flabbergasted to see it happen in front of my eyes. In this particular video, the artist takes about 15 minutes to turn a commercial bar of soap into a work of art, using only one tool. The level of detail is just amazing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o7A7PGH_YQ

I want to try that now. I could save a lot of money if I made less soap and just carved some of what I already have. Plus when traveling, less supplies to carry with me. Win win. Now I just need to find me one of those tools. It looks a bit like something Tandy would carry. I think I saw one somewhere in my travels in the last couple of years, but the one where I grew up is long gone. Oh, there's one in Louisville, KY. I'll be near there later this month. But do I want to wait that long? Well, maybe Michaels or Hobby Lobby would have some. Or Amazon, but I would probably want to get a feel for how sturdy tools are before purchase.

I want to try that now. I could save a lot of money if I made less soap and just carved some of what I already have. Plus when traveling, less supplies to carry with me. Win win. Now I just need to find me one of those tools. It looks a bit like something Tandy would carry. I think I saw one somewhere in my travels in the last couple of years, but the one where I grew up is long gone. Oh, there's one in Louisville, KY. I'll be near there later this month. But do I want to wait that long? Well, maybe Michaels or Hobby Lobby would have some. Or Amazon, but I would probably want to get a feel for how sturdy tools are before purchase.

Looks very similar to an Exacto Knife, to me. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005KRSWM6/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20 I've had one for years, they're extremely sharp, have replaceable blades, and are pretty cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back