Browsing soap pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How???? ImageUploadedBySoap Making1431703601.039356.jpg

How indeed? White soap at a decent trace, purple more fluid and then you put down drops of white systematically through the mold, pour the purple down the sides so it floods the spaces in between and makes layer on which you then put another layer of white drops, flood with purple, white drops, flood with purple until you're utterly exhausted and have cramps in your hand from dropping a million blobs of white?????

I think maybe loads of really fresh little white embeds with really fluid purple batter, do a layer then pie in the purple and keep repeating till the mould is full.

I can tell you with authority that having the colors at different traces is definitely NOT how this was done. I now feel almost certain that this is all done at a fluid trace and possibly with the white put in with a squirt bottle.

How did they get it so perfect??

ETA: Am I wrong in assuming that's a slab mold? It would appear that the bottoms of the bars were cut away from the tops of other bars.

I am completely befuddled by the fishnet soap. I tried a fluid squeeze bottle pour that took forever- not even close. It may be embeds but the shapes are so organic looking that I didn't think so. They would have to be octahedral or something close and the spacing in between each one is pretty consistent. It would be difficult to place them so that the soap in between was equal all through the soap. Okay, does anyone know this Anna?? I am dying to know how it was done.

This is not such a puzzle but that's okay. Look at those nice clean lines.

Screen Shot 2015-04-24 at 2.48.57 PM.png

I'll have to go look. Even if there are other pictures, I don't think it will help unravel the mystery. Could you post the link to the FB page? The ones I found don't have that picture up.

I wish this were a better picture. I like what I see!

Screen Shot 2015-05-15 at 2.17.32 AM.jpg

Last edited:
My husband looked at the fishnet one and says if you look at the corners it looks like the design wraps around the soap rather than goes through it.

My husband looked at the fishnet one and says if you look at the corners it looks like the design wraps around the soap rather than goes through it.

I don't agree with the wrap theory, however, your husband may be on to something.

If you look really closely at the end of the soap in the back, it would appear that the pattern changes. It's really hard to see and if my theory is correct, then I completely understand why the maker didn't want the ends to be shown in the pictures.

Bear with me here. I'm hoping this makes sense.. I *think* this could be done with imbeds and tons of them. I think that perhaps the "ends" are actually the tops and bottoms of a loaf mold, probably a T&S.

The maker made a batch of white soap and let it set up. Then she cut this batch long way into little strip (I'm assuming about 1 inch wide). These strips are then trimmed diagonally as you would to make MP crystal soaps to form the oval-shaped white spots.

Then, the imbeds are placed at an angle in the mold, trimming the length to fit them in place. The black soap is then mixed up and poured at emulsion to thin trace.

After it hardens, the soap is cut as normal, not mantra style. The top and bottom of the loaf now become the sides of the loaf.

As I am a very visual learner, I'm attaching pictures of the drawings I made as I thought this out lol.

Has this one already been posted? This thread is getting so long, I'm losing track. It's by the prolific Dandelion. I'm so swirl challenged that I'm just green with envy at this kind of talent.

dandelion.jpg

Apparently the poster removed it from FB because people were asking how it was done and got annoyed with her when she wouldn't share

Latest posts

Back