Browsing soap pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep thinking about the fishnet soap everyone is talking about. Maybe someone already mentioned it but could it be made with water soluble paper from BB?

I was too lazy to type it, but balloons, that was my precise thought. Edit to clarify, the strip about ,1/4 inch at the top of my phone, on the touchscreen, is broken. Typing has been a major pain for a couple weeks now. So not lazy as much as typing has become quite annoying...so I read a lot now (lurk lol).

Last edited:
Simplicity can be stellar.

Screen Shot 2015-05-22 at 1.27.01 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-05-15 at 12.41.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-05-01 at 1.38.23 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-04-18 at 3.15.49 AM.png

Haven't forgotten and I'm very hopeful on the results. I'm just working very late tonight.

@Wyredgirl- I do not mean this to sound pushy at all but HURRY!! THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!:crazy: LOL
Really though everyone has this EVER happened before? Has a new technique come along when NO ONE could figure it out? I have only been on the board about a year and a half and more than a year of that just lurking-looking-learning. I know if you added up all the soaping years of experience it would be well over 100. Something smells fishy.

Gorgeous colours. I'd love to be able to recreate something like that! I can see a new mica purchase coming on!! Even if I can't do a hanger swirl to save my life, I just love the green and purple.

3D silicone mold, I think. Looks CP to me but I suppose it could also be M&P. If the person had a hard enough CP recipe, I think it could be gotten out of the mold successfully.

I think the green and purple hanger swirl looks like a moth. Man, that is beautiful. I'm also swirl challenged.

Maybe this Fishnet Chick made her own silicone mold, but honestly I would agree that if this soap is way out of her line of style, she seems offish on talking about it, and the website doesn't check out, then I would bet someone Photoshopped it. I haven't checked the photo closely for errors but I will. I am a fair user of Photoshop and we get pretty decent at spotting errors. (Magazines drive me batty nowadays, just saying)

Hello,

I am fairly new here, been reading for a while, but never actually participated :)
The fishnet soap just "bothered" me so much. The more I lok at it, the more I think it is done in a log mold, using very heavy trace white soap batter (practically piping consistency) and very light trace dark soap batter. I would pipe oblonged white spots (as in the picture below).
fishnet_soap1.png

Then I would very carefully, probably over a spoon, pour the thin dark batter, slowly in a thin layer. Then I would go piping white spots in the little "holes" or "valleys" ..
I am pretty sure the soap is cut as a regular loaf soap. You can see on the bigger surface of the soap, that the white spots are closer together, because their own weight kind of stacks them closer together.And on the top side, the dark lines are thicker because the are controlled by how the white "beads" are distributed.. I don't know, but that's how it looks to me. I definitely want to try it though :) But drawing the picture in paint took a while, I can't imagine actually piping all of this! :p

I don't think the piping scheme you drew would give the fishnet soap because, when you look at the bar, the distance between each white part is extremely consistent on all sides. I tried a heavy trace with thin batter bar but it gave way way too much variation in the fill-in batter amounts. Also, the white parts are pretty consistent in size and shape which means no filling in with heavy trace soap was done. Not trying to shoot you down; it's just that I tried it and trust me, it's not worth the work.

It's funny you posted the sea bar. Last night, I came upon this one that I had forgotten I had in my folder of soap pictures!

Screen shot 2015-03-29 at 8.43.08 PM.png

This has been something I have been turning over in the back of my mind since I work with polymer clay and the n one day BAM! I see someone's done it.

Pretty much soapy handcrafted sculptures. Not something I gave a lot of thought and time to but was on the 'man I want to do this' list.

So, wondering how she accomplished it. Let some soap sit to piping-like consistency, donned rubber gloves and went to town? Let it sit (in what?} until it saponified and was hardish/clay like and then went to town?

What sort or recipe? My lard recipes seem like they would the best for molding, as they want to trace the slowest, no FO tendencies considered. But of course one would want to make them smell nice. So at some point FO behavior would have to be considered.

Now it's driving me crazy, and I want to make soap fairies, and dragons, and elves, and imps and skulls and kitty cats and Solomon-pit-bulls and ladybugs and Cleopatras and flowers and and and...:crazy:

Novel-Soap.jpg

Latest posts

Back