Breast cancer update and fundraiser

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigmoose

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Last fall my wife and I got the word that she has breast cancer. I had posted in this section then and had given updates but it has been awhile so here is another update. Overall she is doing good. The chemo and radiation treatments are over with finally and have been for 6 weeks plus. Her hair is growing back now and has a little curl to it that she did not have before. She still gets tired somewhat easy but it is getting better slow but sure. Reconstruction surgery will take place after the first of the year. She joined in a walk against breast cancer recently and did well. We have been talking for awhile if there was anything my soap business could do to try and help in the fight against breast cancer and this is what we came up with.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/110617092/ ... ast-cancer

We have not decided for sure yet where the money raised will go but the front runner is a lab in town here where I live called the "VanAndel Research Institute" who works with the "National Cancer Institute". We would mark the donation "for breast cancer research" when a check is written to them. Other ideas are our local Susan G. Komen branch and also another group who helps women with whatever they need who are going thru breast cancer.

Let me hear your thoughts on this.

Bruce

Bruce as you know I've been away for awhile, or at least not here as much as I was at one time. I am so sorry to hear of the rough year you and your wife have had.

I think it is wonderful that you have come up with a way to help with the fight against breast cancer...

Cheers

Back