Bramble Berry's Oatmeal milk and honey FO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reeny

Reaction score
I read the reviews on bramble Berry's website. They state this is one of their most popular FO. I am making my first goat milk soap, and would like to use this FO.

what is everyone's experience with this?? Will it accelerate trace? Discolor my soap??

I have numerous goat milk recipes, and watched many videos. Think I am prepared but don't want to mess it up with the FO choice.

If I decide to add some of my honey and beeswax to the recipe and keep every thing cool and put soap in the freezer how do you think it will be??

Or should I keep every thing simple for the first time??

Not that I have as much experience as most on here, but I would recommend for your first batch to do water as your liquid and no scents/colors etc. By making a small batch of just plain ole soap to start with, you get an idea of how things are supposed to work before you start adding things and things don't work, lol. I make GM soap also, but my first batch was all water.
As a side note Brambleberry's OMH is wonderful! It does not accelerate, but it does discolor. It goes to a beautiful dark tan. When I get home, I'll upload a pic of some I have curing right now. What I usually do with it is save out a little of the soap, scent the rest, then do a pretty swirl with the white I saved out. This last time I did an in the pot swirl and saved some for the top also. It's pretty.

Not that I have as much experience as most on here, but I would recommend for your first batch to do water as your liquid and no scents/colors etc. By making a small batch of just plain ole soap to start with, you get an idea of how things are supposed to work before you start adding things and things don't work, lol. I make GM soap also, but my first batch was all water.
As a side note Brambleberry's OMH is wonderful! It does not accelerate, but it does discolor. It goes to a beautiful dark tan. When I get home, I'll upload a pic of some I have curing right now. What I usually do with it is save out a little of the soap, scent the rest, then do a pretty swirl with the white I saved out. This last time I did an in the pot swirl and saved some for the top also. It's pretty.

Can't wait to see!! I also was thinking the same thing. From what I read it does discolor so I was thinking I could save a little without scent and do a swirl.

I've used the Oatmeal Milk and Honey FO and added colloidal oatmeal, honey and regular milk. I used frozen milk instead of water and was too impatient to add slowly enough to keep the milk white, it discolored a tad. The honey really caused my soap to heat up so I put it in the fridge. I probably should have put it in the freezer because I had some issues with the FO seeping, It eventually absorbed most of it back in. I separated 1/4 of the batch and added titanium dioxide for the top and did a cocoa line. Here is a picture so you can see the color, which is probably a combination of the honey and the FO.

IMAG0533.jpg

Very pretty Nightlilly!! Not sure i will get that fancy for the first GM. Definitely will consider down the road.
Yeah think I will keep it simple this time without adding my honey and beeswax. I do think I will add the FO to 2/3 of the batch and keep 1/3 to swirl. Hopefully I will be able to see the difference.

Back