Black Leather

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

American Valkyrie

Reaction score
Batch #8. I'm thrilled with how well this one came out. I posted the pics on Facebook a few minutes ago and already got a few "Yes, please!" requests from family/friends for Christmas.

20% CO, 27%OO, 40% PO, 3% castor, 10% shea. I used BB's Leather fragrance, black oxide pigment, and an uncolored swirl. A few people were hesitant about the leather fragrance, but it's my favorite yet! Very masculine and not overpowering.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Oooh, beautiful. I like the leather OOB but haven't soaped it yet. Maybe I will give it a try now. Sign me up for the Christmas list, I'll take one. :wink:

Great swirls! I think the leather smells neat. Something different from all the regular "aftershave" kind of scents.

sygrid said:
Those look awesome, I would love to smell that fragrance. Does it really smell like leather?

Actually, it's pretty close! One of my clients smelled it, before I told her which scent it was, and recognized it. It's earthy and musky, and the BB description says it has notes of lemon, mandarin, patchouli, and frankincense. I'd say it's a good mix between a new black leather coat and the slightly-cologned man inside it.

American Valkyrie said:
sygrid said:
Those look awesome, I would love to smell that fragrance. Does it really smell like leather?

Actually, it's pretty close! One of my clients smelled it, before I told her which scent it was, and recognized it. It's earthy and musky, and the BB description says it has notes of lemon, mandarin, patchouli, and frankincense. I'd say it's a good mix between a new black leather coat and the slightly-cologned man inside it.
Now that sounds good. Now where do I find the man inside it? :D :lol:

Back