Black CP?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eargirly

Reaction score
Okay, i can't find this answer in a search on here, so I figured I better just ask it.

I want to make Black CP soap. Not just kinda black....like dark grey and call it black. No.....I need something that actually is black like a black crayon or sharpie. Is it possible? Would I have to go with black MP? I am kinda running into walls trying to find the answer to this one. Any help would be fantastic!

~ear

I bought a black oxide from Brambleberry, but have not used it yet. I am sure this would go black black, but could not say how much to use.

What about activated charcoal? I've never used it myself but i've seen examples of it on the net and the resulting soap looks very black to me.On top of that its apparenlty very good for sporiasis

Excellent! Thank you :) Now off to find black oxide and charcoal information. Y'all are the best helpers!

~ear

I use activated charcoal to get a really nice black (1 tsp. ppo is all that's needed).

I have black oxide, too, but it made my soap lather black. :(

The activated charcoal gives me a black soap with white lather. :)

IrishLass

IrishLass said:
I use activated charcoal to get a really nice black (1 tsp. ppo is all that's needed).

IrishLass

That's going in my soap notebook.. very good to know :)

IrishLass said:

IrishLass

So good to know! Again, thank you so much. Going in my notebook too.

~ear

IrishLass said:

IrishLass

I was wondering about the activated charcoal, because the same thing happens when I use black oxide. The lather is black and it stains the wash rag my hub uses (I use a loofah and it rinses clean)

I was sent a very nice sample of the activated charcoal from a friend from the soap dish forum, and in MP it does make the lather gray, and it does take al ot to make a true black as well, just so others who are using mp knows..But in her soaps it was nice white lather..

I have not had time to try it yet. Just not enough hours in the day!! :) I was wondering tho, when do you add the charcoal? With the lye water or at trace? TIA

Just wanted to let you know that I made my first bacth of charcoal soap and used 1 tsp PPO of activated charcoal powder and my soap is nice but not jet black. I think I will try another batch and double the charcoal or I might try 1 tsp PPO charcoal and 1 tsp PPO of Australian black clay PPO. Does anybody have any experience with black clay?

I can't speak to black clay specifically, but other colors color my counter tops unlike the charcoal. They also look horrid on my washcloths, tho it does come out in the laundry.

Latest posts

Back