Best size to cut bars of soap......

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OklahomaJamie

Reaction score
I have always used a cutter that I purchased long ago. It has a piano wire that is in the wood and it cuts 1" bars. My bars are usually 4 oz mol. I have started cutting with a putty knife and have been cutting the soaps at 1 1/8" wide and I like it better. The soaps weigh appr 5.5 oz at fresh cutting.

What is your take on soap bar size when selling to the public?

Thanks,
Jamie

4oz and above. Most people like the fact that the bars are larger and they are getting more for their money.

I sell different sizes. I don't believe there is ONE good size. Everyone is different, so I try to let people have a choice. =3

Hello! My soap is at 5 ounces but usually a little more after a good long cure. The width is 1.25 inches. Any soap that is under 5 oz I will cut them into thirds and give as gift samples. When I state on the label and website that it is 5 ounces it will be just that but most of the time it will be more - I will never short change anyone. :smile:

Mine are the size of a pack of cigs. and one inch thick. I sell mostly to women and this size fits well in the hand. When I made them bigger I did here complaints that they were a bit awkward and got dropped a lot in the shower.

I make a 1 inch over 4oz bar and a 2oz bar, I cut the 4oz in half with my tank.

I'd prefer 4 oz. I think you could sell for near the same price as a 5oz bar and have more profit.

Mine are about 4.5 oz, and roughly an inch and a smidge thicker. I can get 15 nice bars out of my 16-inch loaf molds (when I can manage to cut even bars, that is).

Latest posts

Back