BB's neroli fo

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubyslippers

Reaction score
Just got my shipment from Brambleberry....yippee!!! Wanted to try the neroli FO but it is a rather strong scent and I'd like to soften it a little. Any ideas anyone?

I have some lavender on hand, no cedar but I do have spruceberry and a fir that I could try. Thank you for the suggestion Half Caper Farm!

I actually got a little sample of this a couple of months ago and decided to use it in a 5 lb batch. I added a little bit of Senuous Sandalwood and some Lavender F/O in with it, thinking the Neroli sample might not be enough to scent the whole batch. It still smells great, but mainly I still smell the Neroli (it's really strong). It's not an unpleasant fragrance, just a little overpowering. It just needs something to round it out.

I make a layered soap with about 1/3-1/4 of the soap scented with the Neroli, and the rest scented with Nectar/Honey. Everyone who smells it loves it. It softens and sweetens the Neroli but at the same time you can totally smell it. :)

Evatgirl73 I like the idea of making different layers with complimenting scents - will have to try that next time. Thanks for the tip!
I mixed up about a dozen different Q-tip combos and dropped each mixture in little baggies & let it set overnight. Ended up choosing the mix of neroli, WSP Santa's Pipe and Sandalwood. Smelled good in the baggie - just waiting on the finished product :)

Back