Baby Powder

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you like Baby Powder FO

• Total voters

ElenaCoralSoaps

Reaction score
I tried a baby powder scent because i want to make a soap for babies. I never have liked the scent but most people do and everyone on the reviews said it smelled great. It really really reeks!!!! An d its not just me, everyone i have asked agrees. One reviewer mentioned thatv she mixes it with pear FO so I might try that, but Im really dissapointed. I may have put too much though. I put two teaspoons in a one pound batch

yeah not big on baby powder, smells bad by itself. Not sure i want to know what it smell like in soap.

I've never smelled the FO, so I can't comment on the fragrance. As an aside, most folks who make baby soap seem to keep it as additive-free as possible (no fragrance, no colour) to avoid any skin irritation. Just a thought.

i guess your rigth about that. I just thought a little bit of frgrance would be a good additive but I guess most moms are more worried about the soap being safe to use

I have some I rather like in soap. Got it from New Directions Aromatics in Toronto. Where was your fo from?

The most common skinirritant is fo. I would leave it out. Maybe a nice eo, lavender or sweet orange are mild enough for baby IMHO.

Tabitha said:
The most common skinirritant is fo. I would leave it out. Maybe a nice eo, lavender or sweet orange are mild enough for baby IMHO.

I agree with no fo's in baby products. I also thought I loved baby powder scent until I got it in a candle tart years ago. It was just tooooo much!

I love it and it always sells well for me (even in baby products). A lot of my customers like it blended - orange baby powder (tangerine EO) or lavender baby powder are popular.

i like the smell. for children, but i made it and wanted it blue and it discolored brown and looked very yucky, tossed it.

I'd think that actual baby powder would do the job itself. No need to scent soap with it since parents use it on their babies anyway.

I agree with not scenting a baby's soap. Just a simple castile soap is probably best.

I leave baby soap unscented . I can't tolerate EO's on my skin , so I don't want to make soap with them for baby skin.

Kitn

I just ordered bramble berry lavender Chamomile, which to me smells of a very classy baby powder scent

Latest posts

Back