Aussie Supplies

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Franklins have Canola in a tin on special this week - its $9.99 for 4 litres or cheaper if your a member (good buying I thought). Only until Sunday.

Far out thats cheap oil!!
I steer clear of canola myself but a terrific price if you use it.

I got some oil the other day from Woolies. It was a lovely reallllly clear olive oil. Carbonell is the brand in the white tin. Was $18.99 for 4litres.

Thats a good price for OO Nat, I've used that for cooking. I buy pomace at $10 for 4 litres and find that pretty good, the canola I only use about 100g in 1000g of oil ,so not too much. It doesn't take long to use it all up though. :roll:

When I sourced Activated Charcoal the only place I could find it at that time was Herb Wholesalers and min buy was 500gms. Well in the time that I have had it near two years now I think I have only used about 1/10th if that!!!!!!!. I would be very happy to share this with anyone in Aussie that would like some. It is best before August of next year. I am now on a stint of nights so would be Monday of next week before I got it out as only out and about if I absolutely have to when working. Orders get done by prepay by hubby on his way to work :0) so no interuptions to my much needed beauty sleep :0)

Lyn, I'd be more than happy to buy some off you. I've got caplets but I find them terrible. When I cut them open they go everywhere.

I am happy to send this on as hate to see waste and I will never get through it all. Will not be till the end of this week as I am working. I am sure I have Nats and Relles addresses will just need yours KyleO, you can pm me with it :D

Kylie, my hubby made my wooden log moulds. This particular one holds a kg of oils. Here's a pic...

BOX.jpg

$15ea + postage if you're interested, or any other Aussie :)

WOW girls, thanks so much.
Lyn, will PM your my addy <3

Dotty, if you handy hubby could make me some i'd be so over the moon *still dreaming of a handy hubby myself LOL*

I've brought from Glasshouse a couple of times, she's lovely to deal with but havn't brought from her for quite a while.
Aussie soaps, I like but I urgently needed some black dye one day but they insisted I could not purchase one item only. In the end I purchased it from Heirloom but the quality wasn't as good so I used the activated charcoal instead.
I love Escentials of Australia, they're fantastic to deal with, a bit delayed in their delivery (i'm probably just over axious for my goods) their site is easy to manuver around too and I love their prices.

I bought black oxide for colouring from Heirloom and haven't had any issues with it.

Pretty n Plain Ditto the Escentials I love the pricing and the new fragrance oils are proving to be a big hit. Ordered the frangapani with my last order and sadly they were all but out so only ended up with 25mls but yummo licious it is :0).

Lovin up on Escentials here too. Must say for me being so close my order came in 2 days flat. Was very impressed. The Rose Petals & Oriental Musk specialty FO's really stood out for me on this order.
Oh & delivery was VERY reasonable @$18 considering I had bulk oils in my order.

Just bumping up an old thread... new to the world of soap making & finding all this info very useful :)
I was reading an aussie thread about caustic soda (can't remember where)... So I checked it out today whilst I was at bunnings. They had 500g $3.97, and 2kg for $14.13 (works out to $3.53 per 500g unit). Then went to woolies site to compare (couldn't remember the exact price!) and it's usually 500g for $4.61, but currently on special at $3.78.
Oh, and at Bunnings it was with all the paint supplies, not the cleaning supplies (as one might have foolishly thought!) I stumbled upon it by accident as I was strolling around (Bunnings is my happy place...).
Hope that might help someone!

Depending on where you are - Bunnings don't have the same prices nation wide, I checked with the manager at out local one and she can't do it for the cheaper price, it's cheaper for me to get it at Woolies when it's on special. I don't pay $4.61 at full price.

Latest posts

Back