Aussie Supplies

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relle

Administrator & Bunny Fanatic
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd start this so that we can have a bit of a data base and easy to find for everyone to get the cheapest possible for what they want, so just add to it as needed.

Heirloom - CO - 5 litres $30. PO - 5 Litres $18 Castor - $9.95
Escentuals - CO - 5 litres - $25. 20 litres $66. PO 5 litres $20
New Directions - CO - 5 litres $47.30 5 litres 38.50 Castor - $9.90

Aldi - Olive - 4 litres - $15.99 Evoo - $17.99

Relle.

Relle is Escentuals the same as Escentials ... just that today -

Escentials have Castor oil - 5 litres - $35.00, 25 litres - $150.00 ... there's no 20 litres in their list.

They currently have a 10% discount on all stock ... but they also have an additional $8 for any order under $75.00.

Sorry Kaz, mispelt it. I didn't check out the castor, I've only put up the CO and PO. 20 litres was for CO.

Anyone in Aus know where I can get activated charcoal ?
I've tried - Aussie soap supplies, Big tree, New directions, Escentials, Heirloom, no one seems to have it.

I posted a reply about the charcoal in the other thread Relle.
I got mine from the chemist.

Kandlekaz,com.au

Just checked and she only has -
Almond oil
Apricot oil
Cocoa Butter
Coconut oil

Coconut oil - 1 kg $10
- 18 kg $126

Some suppliers sell in litres and some sell in kgs, but I think they weigh up the same.

Has anyone been able to find a supplier for ratan jot/alkanet root that ISNT online? I dont have any indian spice stores nearby and i dont want to place an order for just one item. Ive checked the usualy supermarket stores and they dont have. Also looking for annatto.

AussieSoapSupplies
CO 4kg $30 PO 4kg $24

Wow just looking at that i guess they are a little expensive compared to others (heirloom)

Must remember that! Thanks guys. Very helpful.

For the Activated Charcoal, you could try a fish place/pet supplies. You use activated charcoal for filtering the water in fish tanks :)

I have found that if you get anything from Aussie Soap Supplies, the minimum order is $40 PLUS postage on top, and if you're on the other side of the country, thenit's rather expensive. Although they do have heaps and heaps of stuff that is not found anywhere else, its' kind of a do or die thing? You either bite the bullet and get it, or you don't use their stuff at all.

Heirloom is my primary supplier, it's great old fashioned service, and the prices are comparitive. I also find that New Directions have a lot of things also, and don't actually have a min. order value, but if you don't want to pay BIG money for courier, then specify you want them to post it Aussie Post. They don't do registered post however.

I haven't found anywhere unfortunately for the Alkanet root powder that isn't online, and only a good spice shop for the Annato. I think the two can be obtained from New Directions however.

Hope this helps a little bit.

Hi :)

Just wondering if anyone buys from Glasshouse Handmade Products?

Cheers

that is cheap yeah? i'm losing my mind with who has what at what deal lol

They sound cheap, but you have to add the cost in for the postage. Dh just made me another mould and the wood alone was $10 from bunnings, so that seems a good price.

Its easy to lose track of who said what, I keep pen and paper by the computer and write down any info that I'm interested in for a later date or otherwise your always searching to find it when you need it. Things like places to order, which are the best FO's, hints and tips, are all in my folder.

oh how i dream of a handy DH :)

thanks Relle, i'll bite the bullet and get one

thanks again

BTW, I noticed on the mould page they said to get freezer paper at the supermarket. We don't have it here, (so don't where they get it from in Qld) but just use baking paper. I get mine from Aldi, they're about the cheapest for the size.

Back