Anyone using resin incense in soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elenmirie

Reaction score
Just curious whether anyone is using resin incense such as frankincense, myrrh, dragon's blood etc in soap making, and what technique you use to incorporate it.

I've used all of the above in hand balms, with good results. Would like to take them into soap but since the measurements are more precise, not sure if it would be a good use of time and resins! :?:

thanks in advance and also for a nice lively forum that has loads of good stuff... I'm having a great time reading through.

~ elenmirie ~
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kickboxing!

How do you use frankincense ? Tried once, but didn't seem to melt easily. Not even sure what's the melting temperature.

But I was able to make an oil infusion, which may work for soap aswell.

Dragon blood can be found in liquid form aswell.

I know one of those two, or rather the tree that produces it, is heading towards a dangerously low population level because the other things that grow around the trees are just so darn aggressive and the amount of time it takes for a new one to start growing can be years. I'll see if I can find the article again because since the computer crash of December I lost most of my links. Personally I'd save it for special occasion uses until they find a way to stop the steadily declining population. Making your own oil infusions would help it stretch further and still add a nice scent to your soaps. Not sure of how long the scent would last but testing batches will help there.

Latest posts

Back