SMF February 2023 Challenge - Soap Curls

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried my first attempt at curls. I’m not happy with the final soap (I lost control of the cream batter and it instantly reached a thick trace), but I like the curls:
View attachment 71020
I scraped a blade over a bar of soap, starting thin at the beginning and cutting deeper as I reached the end, and it gave these little curls with thick tails.
I won’t be able to try again for the challenge, but wanted to share what I got 😊
Oh just wanted to mention that your soap curls and soap are really nice it has a nice earthy tone feeling to it and its really nice work!😍

Oh just wanted to mention that your soap curls and soap are really nice it has a nice earthy tone feeling to it and its really nice work!😍
Thank you ☺️ I started with a misguided attempt to make chocolate soap, but I used way too much cocoa so it made the washing water brown… the curl challenge gave those bars a second life!

Made a paprika infusion, turmeric and uncoloured soap that a few bars were wrecked from a hard crumbly bottom and a saw the Feb contest so tried to make curls out of the worst ones and used some for ciaglia. I don’t have a big square mold or planer so just used a loaf mold. Had a plan to do blue, yellow and green clay with the crumbled paprika soap. Might’ve turned out better but for some reason I cpop’d it a bit too warm and used grapefruit eo by mistake in the blue so it’s mostly green. Then I think the orange crumbs melted into the whole thing but I still like it if I don’t think about how it was supposed to be😁
The orange swirl soap is the curls for reference. I have more knowledge now for the next one.

Attachments

• 3D82581A-B345-4EF9-A0D4-A2ABB75F47C3.jpeg
    3D82581A-B345-4EF9-A0D4-A2ABB75F47C3.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 558D4A13-D1A7-40FE-9380-FF5C90A7403A.jpeg
    558D4A13-D1A7-40FE-9380-FF5C90A7403A.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 041E981C-7384-4316-AA8E-89B57E1A170E.jpeg
    041E981C-7384-4316-AA8E-89B57E1A170E.jpeg
    1,000.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I really like rhubarb FO I have one that's berry rhubarb it's so good I love your soap too
Hi its Berry Rhubarb from Suds n Sents it smells so good and even after a few weeks of curing the smell is still strong it smells exactly like strawberry rhubarb pie tastes I think it could be a really good seller and it works so nice in cp soap. Sorry I didn't notice your message till now lol @The_Phoenix congrats on your soap challenge.

Back