Anyone know how to get this look?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is not my bar. I found it while browsing the web and I love the look. I've tried a few things but they haven't given me this type of look. I wonder if they're dots of color that the person is pulling a skewer through, rather than lines of color, which is what I first thought. Anyone have any ideas on how to get a look like this? I find this so beautiful. Sorry if this isn't the proper place to post.

http://img813.imageshack.us/i/63022821.jpg/

I am pretty sure that this is done in a slab mold with dividers to pull the swirl colors down the sides of the bar. Something skinny was used to pull the color through the soap - maybe a skewer? I'm thinking that it was a very cooperative fragrance too!

Use a slab-type mold, preferably with dividers to pull the swirl down the sides of the bar. Pour your soap at thin trace, drizzle thin lines of coloured batter on the top, then use a chopstick or similar to do your swirls. It takes a bit of practice, and you can't do it with every fragrance, but it's totally worth the effort!

Latest posts

Back