Any uses for bad soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bodhi

Reaction score
I have an old batch of soap lying around that went bad ages ago-about 4 pounds of it. It was superfatted at way too high of a percentage and has that old oil smell to it. Rather than toss it, I have been trying to find a use for it and i am at a loss. Any ideas? Bear bait, tire soap, squirrel repellant, anything? I cant see tossing it if there is a possibility of putting it to use for even the most obscure purpose. What do you think?

LOL! @ you guys! I don't know what all you have in your 'bad' soap, but could you use it to wash dogs with maybe?? They seem to thrive on smelly stuff! :roll:

Oh no! I wouldnt subject a dog to this. Its stinky sticky like an old fry-o-lator. The more i think about it though, im liking the squeaky chair grease idea. Squeaky chair grease, sticky drawer grease, sticky window grease...hmmm. i wonder if i could melt it down and add a little masking scent to it...

LOL @ chair grease. I have some lard soap that went funky and I haven't gotten around to tossing it yet. Hmmm... :mrgreen:

Back