And then all went wrong... :(

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks great to me, even in the first picture before gel.

Where did you get your colors? Have you tested them before in CP? It occurred to me that the fragrance might have nothing to do with the temporary color morphing. The fact that your white portion is still basically white suggests that the fragrance might not be to blame. There might be a hint of yellow there and that can throw purples off. But I'm not sure if that's the natural color of your soaping oils or from the fragrance.

All the powders were from WSP.
The batch was pretty white naturalky and I added a small bit of white to make it bright.
Colors were mixed and fine (I poured 1\3 the batch and mixed for each) then put 1\3 measured out fragrance in each.
All colors changed and white went very yellow. But eventually changed back some with gel.
I dislike gel but was curious to see if it might help.

It could be the FO. BB's Cranberry (I used a mix of realistic and sweet) turned the batter very yellow but then after gelling, everything came out white. **** hard to mix on the spot with that FO, which was what I was doing. I couldn't tell what the end color was going to look like.

Yeah that would be hard to do! I'm def thinking it was the FO since it was beautiful until I added it in. I love the pigments too but still nervous since I'm unsure.

I have found I mix too much when I do colors and like to go cooler so this one was around 92 and 97 I believe.. know it was under 100.

It still looks very nice even if it is not quite how you wanted it to be.. some of my nicest soaps were not quite how I imagined them to be, but still came out very nice. I also love how soap keeps surprising us and changes :)

Yeah that's true.. never quite know what to expect which can be fun sometimes.
This one is still changing a bit.. kind of going a tad softer and not quite so bright like it was right after cutting.

Back