Amyris and Patch bars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chicklet

Reaction score
I used mostly amyris EO but all I can smell is the patch. :/ I did a faux funnel pour and then swirled with a skewer.

image-5_zps41e3dac3.jpg

Pretty soap!

I thought Amyris is a substitute for patchouli.....supposed to smell like it and you can use it if you can't afford patch.

Renee110 said:
I thought Amyris is a substitute for patchouli.....supposed to smell like it and you can use it if you can't afford patch.
Amyris is considered a "substitute" for Sandalwood (not Patchouli) and is sometimes called West Indian Sandalwood or Poor Man's Sandalwood, and while not exactly a dupe, it does have similar qualities, but is more "smoky" to my nose.

Looks to me like both blue and black swirled in white. Lovely!

Thanks, y'all. :) My photography is terrible! Yes, it's blue, black, and white - equal amounts of each. My mold is almost 6 pounds (it's an odd size because in its previous life it was a drawer!) and I used 1 tsp ultramarine blue in that portion, 1 tbs charcoal for the black, and 1 tbs TD in the white. I have a love/hate thing going with TD. I am never sure how much to use and I don't know if what I have is water or oil soluble.

Latest posts

Back