Aloe Vera Juice

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vinegar doesn't increase lather like AVJ does, so if you use vinegar, plan on using some other form of sugar for the lather boost that you will lose by removing the AVJ.
Thanks @AliOop - I definitely will take this into consideration and add a type of sugar.
Vinegar leaves zero smell in the finished soap. To me, it somehow makes the lather... softer, maybe? I could feel a difference but couldn't quite describe it.
So would you say that the lather becomes more sponge like?
Vinegar does make the soap harden sooner, like sodium lactate or salt, so you can unmold sooner. Just remember to adjust the lye whenever you use vinegar. ;)
Soap hardening sooner, that's always a bonus for us impatient soapers. :)
So would I adjust the lye for vinegar in the soap making forum the same way that I would for using citric acid? ie) use the Liquid Discount tab setting? (I hope that made sense)

Thanks @AliOop - I definitely will take this into consideration and add a type of sugar.

So would you say that the lather becomes more sponge like?

Soap hardening sooner, that's always a bonus for us impatient soapers. :)
So would I adjust the lye for vinegar in the soap making forum the same way that I would for using citric acid? ie) use the Liquid Discount tab setting? (I hope that made sense)
Yes, the liquid discount tab in soapmaking friend will adjust for the vinegar. It’s really hard to describe the difference in lather. I also don’t know if that difference would appear in recipes that differ from mine (high lard, low CO). If you try it, please let me know if you perceive any changes.

Yes, the liquid discount tab in soapmaking friend will adjust for the vinegar. It’s really hard to describe the difference in lather. I also don’t know if that difference would appear in recipes that differ from mine (high lard, low CO). If you try it, please let me know if you perceive any changes.
I will definitely give this a try. I have a recipe high that I was going to make high in lard, and low in CO, so I will give this a go and sub in at least 50% of the liquid with white vinegar to see if I can tell a difference. Thanks @AliOop
After opening aloe vera juice and string in the refrigerator, how long will it keep?
I was thinking the same question, but I'm not sure. From what I can gather off of a few google searches, the AVJ that I just bought (FRUIT OF THE EARTH: Organic Aloe Vera Gel (water and aloe vera gel concentrate), Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate (a food preservative at 1/10 of 1%), looks like it will keep in the fridge after opening for approx 1 month. However, someone here on the forum may know more from their own experience with this brand. ???

Otherwise, when I've purchased AVJ from say New Directions Aromatics, this one I've had no problems keeping in fridge without any problems for 1 year. Some sites say 2-3 years if stored correctly according to manufacturers information.

My current jug has been in the fridge for a few months now. There is an expiration date on the bottom, but I don’t see a date once opened. It doesn’t smell funky, and I haven’t noticed a difference in soap from the first use to the last. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Latest posts

Back