Alligator Pie, Alligator Pie, If I don't get some........

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was the alligator commercially prepared or just cleaned by someone without experience? I ask because if there is one gram of fat anywhere on there, it will all taste horrible!!! Be absolutely sure it is completely fat free before cutting up to fry. If you have to cut off any fat, switch knives before proceeding to cut it up. I cut it up into roughly 1 inch cubes, season with cayenne, salt, and pepper. You can use quite a bit of cayenne in any fried food, as the grease helps break down the "heat". Then coat in cornmeal/flour 1:1 and deep fry like you would fish. C'est bon!

Was the alligator commercially prepared or just cleaned by someone without experience? I ask because if there is one gram of fat anywhere on there, it will all taste horrible!!! Be absolutely sure it is completely fat free before cutting up to fry. If you have to cut off any fat, switch knives before proceeding to cut it up. I cut it up into roughly 1 inch cubes, season with cayenne, salt, and pepper. You can use quite a bit of cayenne in any fried food, as the grease helps break down the "heat". Then coat in cornmeal/flour 1:1 and deep fry like you would fish. C'est bon!
It was commercially prepared. Thank you for the heads up, though. Alligator isn't readily available around here so I have absolutely zero experience with it.

Thank you for the lesson, Susie.

Latest posts

Back