All Natural organically dervied " Pigmants/Paints"

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my2scents

Reaction score
I was just reading on page 28 of the December issue of "food & Wine magazine about pigment packets.
"All natural pigment paints get their concentrated color from fruits,vegetables,spices & flowers" $12 for 6 packets from
globiton .com

I wonder how these would work for coloring CP soap?
This could be a really cool natural way for those who don't like Micas.
I use Micas so I probably won't be one to try it but, somone should & report back.

depends on what the individual colorants are - some will be stable at high pH (carotenes, for example), and others won't.

anthocyanins are not pH stable, and despite the lovely pictures you can find online, my beet juice and cabbage experiments tell me otherwise.

Thanks for that link, soapbuddy! I remember that site from years ago - but did not have it bookmarked on this computer. :)

But it's wrong on St. John's Wort - we have a lot of it up here. It's a fantastic red when steeped in oil, but it goes to ugh brown when the lye hits it. Don't know if it holds up in HP - I'll experiment next summer.

I thought these would be cool because all the work of color extraction is done for you & all thats left is the pure natural color without having to worry about steeping & weird smells , bits ect.

Back