July 2022 SMF Challenge - Kiss Pour Technique

Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums

Help Support Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums:

Reaction score
I gave it a go today, twice 😂. The first one could be an entry. The second one got swirled. I may give it one more try now that I know what I’m doing. I used long spout pitchers for the first batch and cups for the second batch. For me, pouring through long spouts made it easier to stay close to the surface of the soap.
Yeah, I tried twice also. I used the long spouted pitchers.

Reaction score
For my first attempt, I used regular measuring cups with short spouts and I dared to try a new FO. Why oh why did I do that? Didn't misbehave too badly just moved too fast for this technique.

Second and third attempt I used the long spouted pitchers. Seems my hands won't pour both at the same speed. Is there a trick to this or does it just take practice? I'm out of time so my third attempt will probably be my entry. Still have to plane them so we shall see...

As always, I appreciate the opportunity to enter the challenges. They motivate me to learn new things.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For my first attempt, I used regular measuring cups with short spouts and I dared to try a new FO. Why oh why did I do that? Didn't misbehave too badly just moved too fast for this technique.

Second and third attempt I used the long spouted pitchers. Seems my hands won't pour both at the same speed. Is there a trick to this or does it just take practice? I'm out of time so my third attempt will probably be my entry. Still have to plane them so we shall see...

As always, I appreciate the opportunity to enter the challenges. They motivate me to learn new things.
I just watch the batter and try to keep it going as evenly as I can. Just practice and a little luck never hurts. I can't wait to see!

The_Phoenix

Reaction score
It helps to have a lot of patience during the pour...and strong shoulders. And also discipline with the stick blender. And knowing your fragrance oils and how they perform. I chose a decelerating fragrance oil and a slow-moving recipe.

Reaction score
Thank you, @dibbles & @The_Phoenix. I'll keep practicing, but not for this challenge o_O .
I'm going to enter #3. Here are #1 and #2.

For these two batches, I used a small wood box to make 2 bars.

#1 FO accelerated. Doesn't look like it should but I like it anyway.
0720221558.jpg

#2 Better, but not quite. I used four colors, two in each pouring pitcher. I poured each color into one half of the pouring pitcher: light and darker pink in one and green and blue in the other. I should have probably poured a pink with green and pink with blue because there wasn't enough contrast after I poured them.

0720221559_HDR.jpg

Reaction score
Thank you, @dibbles & @The_Phoenix. I'll keep practicing, but not for this challenge o_O .
I'm going to enter #3. Here are #1 and #2.

For these two batches, I used a small wood box to make 2 bars.

#1 FO accelerated. Doesn't look like it should but I like it anyway.
View attachment 67800

#2 Better, but not quite. I used four colors, two in each pouring pitcher. I poured each color into one half of the pouring pitcher: light and darker pink in one and green and blue in the other. I should have probably poured a pink with green and pink with blue because there wasn't enough contrast after I poured them.

View attachment 67801
Love them both.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The challenge entry thread is open! I'm looking forward to seeing what you've made!

Last edited:

The_Phoenix

Reaction score
I just realized that in one of the photos I took of my entry soap, one of the bars is placed incorrectly in the compilation of all bars. It needs to be rotated 90 degrees. *face palm*

🤪

Last edited:

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just realized that in one of the photos I took of my entry soap, one of the bars is placed incorrectly in the compilation of all bars. It needs to be rotated 180 degrees. *face palm*

🤪
I thought you did that on purpose - I liked it. You did want the first photo (4 bars) to be used for the survey though, correct?

Latest posts