Agave Nectar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilove2soap

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used agave nectar in soap? I have used honey many times (and liked the results) and wondered if agave might provide similar qualities without causing overheating or excessive browning. I have a friend that loves agave and I thought it might make a unique gift to create a soap with agave especially for her. Any thoughts?

I love AGAVE! However, I think the sugars in it are very similar to honey, and you would soap it as such. Couldn't hurt to try a small batch? Blaze a new soap trail!
(Fermented Agave = Tequila :wink: )

ETA: I also believe that Agave would be considered Vegan, as opposed to Honey, if that were to ever be a concern. Just a thought...

I've tried it. It does still overheat because of the sugar. Mine turned an orange color if I remember correctly.

Hey SueSoap, does the Agave add the same properties (boosting bubbliness) if added to HP soap after cook. I was asking because I do both CP and HP but mainly CP. It would be great to be able to add Agave after HP cook and reduce the chances of the soap overheating and discoloring. :D

I have some agave nectar in my fridge that I got to use on my oat meal and do not like it. Could I use it for CP so I can get rid of it?

Mark

Back