After 15 tries....a successful batch of CP!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome

sarathan said:
Congrats! It looks great!! :) May I ask what went wrong the first 15 times? I'm getting ready to make my first batch, I could use some tips! :wink:
Now Sarathan don't panic you may well get it right first time.
We all end up doing rebatches though.Nothing is ever lost.
All the best and I think welcome , maybe in order.
:lol:

squeakyclean said:
Pug Mom, How much of your liquid laundry soap do you add to your laundry? I'm gonna give this a try. Store bought laundry soap is expensive!!!

I use the cap from the Tide container that I have saved and use as a dispenser...so I think about 3/4 cup. But sometimes I add more if there is a lot of dirt... It doesn't suds, so you don't have to worry about a basement full of bubbles!

Hmmm liquid laundry soap, that's something I'll have to try making. Gain, Tide, all those similar brands are getting to be ridiculously expensive, even for a small bottle (35 loads). Do you use this on your whites and/or darks? Does it discolor the darks (color clothes)? How does it affect dedicates? Has anybody made something similar to Wool-Lite? I can't for the world of me hardly find that stuff in the stores, here in Atlanta, at lease not in the local stores nearby where I live.

I haven't had a problem with my darks fading, and I use borax, sometimes I even put a little extra borax in the machine! My niece has sensitive skin and they buy the special laundry detergent, until they tried mine. She is fine with it and they love it!

Latest posts

Back