Advertising your web page

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gennifyr

Reaction score
I just launched my web site and I'm trying to figure out how to advertise it. It's on my business cards and my Facebook page but how do you spread the word beyond that? I'm in Canada if that matters. I will ship to the U.S though.

Edit-Oh, here's the web site if you want to check it out. http://www.dirtypigbathbeauty.com/

Last edited:
Oooo! Nice pics of your products! I'm sorry, but I'm no help at marketing. I just put the web address on EVERYTHING of mine.

I give out free samples with my website on them...I left a bunch at my doctor & dentist's offices, I leave them with a tip if I go to a restaurant, I give some to my hairdresser...the list goes on...take some to work & hand out...or to church or whatever social gatherings you do...you simply can't beat "word of mouth," and the best advertisement is your own products.

you can also advertise with google, here's the link: http://google.advertisingwebservice...signupccver1&gclid=CN2m49XQ57gCFUOd4Aod-EAADw

Last edited:
Sorry, can't help with the marketing, except to encourage Facebook and pinterest use and to second that word of mouth is the best tool. But did want to say that I love your site, I love the photos, the descriptions of the products, and the clean, simple lines and colours of it all. Well Done!

You can now have a business page on pinterest. I give out samples and cards in line at the store, put them on bulletin boards etc.

Thanks for the replies. I love the idea of randomly handing out free samples!

Thanks for the replies. I love the idea of randomly handing out free samples!

it's a wonderful way to make new friends, too...and if you're as chatty as I am, you can very easily turn the conversation to "summer/winter itchy dry skin, then the benefits of naturals soaps, and then, oh here, let me give you a sample of my soap!

don't forget your neighbors, the mail lady, the teachers at your children's school, anyone you're next to in the checkout line, the UPS & fedex drivers...etc!

You can also advertise on blogs, try and find one where you think your target audience will be, that's key of course. You may be able to do guest posts for some blogs too. You can also Twitter/Facebook. You can look for other forums and make comments on those, for other interests you have, it's another small way of being seen. Good luck!

Those are all really great ideas. Have you considered sending samples to bloggers for review? Or perhaps writing an article for a local paper? You can also do a short segment for a radio or TV program. This gets your name out there and also builds some credibility.

Latest posts

Back