A way to smooth salt soap before giving/selling?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Salt Bars

Shunt2011 - please let us know how the 25% SF works in your salt bars. Do you use SL in yours? I used 1 tsp ppo in mine.

I love fine black lava Hawaiian salt in my bars and just ordered 25 pounds. I know that everyone I gift to at Christmas will be begging for more after they use them.

No, I don't use SL in my salt bars as they are plenty hard enough and don't require any help. If you drop one on your foot you might break something.. :) I'll let you know how it works when I get to them...I'm hoping maybe this weekend.

I did do the samples of the salt bars (and other bars) at the fair, although not for people to run and wash their hands right away. It was more a conversation starter with browsers and building interest in the product for the future. People seemed very attention-shy and asking if they'd tried a salt bar before seemed to go over better than other opening lines. One person I gave a sample to did come back later in the show and buy a couple of bars, but not because she tried it--maybe because people told me one of the other soap sellers was mean, and I guess I was nicer! With other people, sometimes I'd give them a sample and then they bought something right then.

I just made sure to warn people about the salt being rough at first and to use a cloth or puff on it the first time or two--and how that makes the best lather anyway--and then they smooth down to be like a stone. I also printed up a little sheet about that and put it in my full-size soaps.

Latest posts

Back