A new castile-maker

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sihir

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Got started making (castile) soap about a year ago and have been going at it ever since! I am getting married in October and decided to make soap as the take-away gift for the guests (50-60 of them) and decided to join up here! I know I'll have a lot of questions and work to do to perfect my technique, but it's a really fun journey.

Besides soap, I enjoy making bath bombs, drinking tea, travelling, reading, video games, dancing, and ball-jointed dolls. More than enough hobbies to keep me busy and poor!

Looking forward to meeting you all and learning some more!

Last edited:
Welcome Sihir!

I guess you will need special molds for your wedding soaps.

Welcome and I am also thinking about making soap for favors this October! With so many options it's hard to decide what to make for them!

Welcome and I am also thinking about making soap for favors this October! With so many options it's hard to decide what to make for them!

I know what you mean! I decided to do a fairly plain-Jane approach to my soaps - unscented, and a few basic scented ones. I'm finishing up my last batch this weekend so that they have time to cure before the big day! (Nobody really tells you how crazy wedding planning makes you. :crazy: Note to self: DIY is not always easier and cheaper!)

Back