A good sandalwood FO?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soapy Gurl

Reaction score
I would like a recommendation for a very natural smelling one, as close to the real thing as possible. The only time I have smelled it is in expensive perfumes as a base note and hey, that might even be a dupe! :?

I like WSP's but it has gotten a bit pricey.

And I like EOU's (now the perfumery) but they have changed their policy to favor large accounts and have implemented hefty minimums.

I have read good reviews about Sensuous Sandalwood carried by BB and Sweetcakes and The Scent Works are also said to carry good ones. I haven't tried them though.

Thanks for the tips. I am going to ask one more question one this. Can you explain the difference in how sandalwood smells in comparison to amber? I know I have smelled amber in blends, but don't have a clue how they are different. It is the same category of base note, right?

Brambleberry carries at least two diff. Sandlewood FO's. I was also looking for something to closely match the EO. Sensuous smells to baby-powdery to me; it smells synthetic, IMO. The other I tried is called Indian Sandalwood, if I remember right, and is closer to the EO but not perfect. I really want to tinker with it, mix it with other scents and see if I can tweak it a little.

Soapy Gurl said:
I would like a recommendation for a very natural smelling one, as close to the real thing as possible. The only time I have smelled it is in expensive perfumes as a base note and hey, that might even be a dupe! :?

I've tried BB and CD's and and a few others I can't remember - THE best I have found, and my customers respond to is Mysore Sandalwood from Scent Works.

Thanks for the tips, it seems their are a lot on the market that people like. I wish I could smell the real stuff, both sandalwood and amber to get a better idea. Smelling them in a blend isn't the most helpful. I guess I just find what I like!

Latest posts

Back