A Boatload of Oils

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was gifted a very large amount of organic avocado, meadowfoam, argan and jojoba oils. It looks like I'm going to have to learn to make lotion :)

I know that jojoba oil has a long shelf life, and a quick google search showed that the meadowfoam oil does too. I have probably 1.5 gallons of the avocado oil and 3/4 gallon of the argan oil. Can I put these in the freezer in smaller containers, or is that a bad idea? I do have ROE, which I will add to them.

I am feeling very blessed to have received these oils, but I'm really trying to figure out what to do with them. Suggestions welcome.

I use avocado in my soaps, so that will help there. I feel like it is a bit of a waste of those expensive oils to put them in soap, but I may have to use some that way. It would be more of a waste to let them go bad.

I'm so jealous!!! I love meadowfoam. I apply it right to my face as my last moisturising step.

Definitely check out the Swifty Crafty Monkey blog for inspiration. You could do scrubs, lotions, serums, hair masks...

Every time I go to SCM, I just get overwhelmed. I have a feeling I'll be spending a LOT of time reading on there. I need to learn everything about lotion making - I've never tried it before. First lesson will be on preservatives.

whoa, You are so lucky! Congrats! I have actually never used the Meadow Foam ever .... must be really good from you all saying!

Latest posts

Back