A big mistake

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yadonm

Reaction score
I made this yesterday and was trying so hard to get the altered mica pencil line technique down that I forgot to add my essential oil. I got up this morning to cut it and I was hoping it would be a disaster so I could just rebatch it. But it's kind of pretty. What do you think? Should I just forget the fragrance? ImageUploadedBySoap Making1383585009.025940.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

It's really pretty! There are always people who don't care for scent. Also, you could split the difference - save the prettiest bars and chop the rest into chunks and drop it into a scented soap.

That's a good idea. I was looking to have it smell a bit like a candy cane. So I was very bummed when I forgot the EO. I'm still only a few months into soaping and with every mistake (there's plenty) I learn something.

Do you have a horizontal log mold? I would turn the bars sideways and have a line of them down the middle of the log mold. End to end, so you would probably only use 4-5 bars. Then I would make another batch of soap, scent it, and try to do a similar layered effect with different colors. (But I would totally keep the prettiest bars whole.)

I agree with no rebatching unless you really want to. It is really a nice looking soap.:razz:

I did see that. That may be above my skill set but I think I might try that. Those are beautiful soaps. What an artist.

Thank you so much for that link! I have a rebatch that I did that is still ugly and I this will be the perfect way to "fix" it so it looks better

Thanks all for the words if encouragement. Hopefully my friends and family will appreciate it. I don't have the experience to sell my soaps, not yet.

Keep it. What a beautiful bar to have unscented. That will be a real incentive for people who want a pretty unscented soap. A lot of times people don't bother to create such beautiful bars unscented.

Latest posts

Back