100% lard soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sososo

Reaction score
In know this site but I want to know if one of you has try a 100% lard soap. If yes, was it bubbling enough? More bubbles than a 100% OO soap?

I do a lot of all lard soap, usually with GM. It's a bit like all olive in that it suds best in warm to hot water and works best with a scrubbie or wash cloth. ( which i state on the label). I do discount the water which makes a difference. The suds are slower but it lasts longer. I add sugar which helps and I lower the supperfat like in my olive soaps to no more than 4% often lower.

I have a lot of repeat buyers on lard soaps once I get them to try it. They seem to be like 100% olive in this way also.

According to soap maker 3 the CO soap would have more bubbles, the CO was 9.5 the lard was 3.5 but the lard has more stable lather according to SM3

I made one batch of 100% lard and I like it considerably more then the 100% olive oil. The lard ones do suds more then the OO but not by much, they aren't slimy like olive oil though and they have nice slip.

Back